CF Bedford Van

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by immortality »

LOL, may as well put a access panel in the top so you can boil a billy on the top of the banana's.....

Probably going to have to line it with some sort of heat insulation material or it will get bloody hot :(
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by Holden202T »

yeah planning to do that on the engine cover and the surrounding floor too.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by Charlescrown »

At least you will be able to get to the coil and leads a lot easier than on a VR. Argh what a mongrel job.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by Holden202T »

yeah I've helped a few people in the past with dizzy/coil/leads issues on these, right pain in the ass!

I have new rotor button, cap leads and plugs to go in so hoping minimal issues then lol!
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by Charlescrown »

My VR had a coil fail and what a job. Lots of cuts and swearing (it helps) to fix it. Mounted the new coil on the inner guard. Those Bosch systems are notorious for cooking coils. I know the modules sometimes cause the problem with loss of dwell control but more often than not it's just the coil failing. You wont have any such problems when you take that big cover off. Have you put a strengthening strip around the cutout area? I think I did see something in a past pic.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by Holden202T »

yeah there is 20 mm square tube across the back of the engine chassis rail to rail, then from that there is same up to the front firewall seam, to say it strengthened the hole 200% would be an understatement :)

I've also fitted a blue motor dizzy with camira module and HEI coil, so hopefully its more reliable than the notorious v8 ignition modules.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by Charlescrown »

Yea the blue motor dissy with inductive pickup and Camira module will work great and more reliable than VR stuff. The blue motor did have the Bosch module and also cooked coils. I have never seen a Camira have a coil failure. I run that type of setup on my Lancer and Starion 4G63 and they work fine.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by Holden202T »

So I started on the proper exhaust, I wanted a single 3in system thats quiet enough to not be annoying on long trips and not be too restrictive keeping in mind future mods
P1120698.JPG
P1120700.JPG
P1120703.JPG
There's more to do but tonight's efforts is at least enough to get it usable (once I get a support bracket on the muffler), but being 9:50 when I finished I figured I better wait before I start it! But certainly keen to hear what it sounds like now ;)

Also in the back ground you can see the commodore fuel tank fitting in nicely!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by VL400 »

Lookin good :thumbup: Will be pretty beefy with that muffler.
Dazza92VP
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon
Location: Perth

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by Dazza92VP »

Nice tidy bit of work. I've got a 3 inch system on mine with single muffler and a resonator in the rear sounds good but over 100k it drones like no tomorrow I have to wear ear plugs on any long distance trips hopefully you don't have any problems with that though