FX Holden Race Car Project

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
firebug
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:06 am
cars: Pathfinder Ti550
L67 Gemini
78 Camaro Z28
Location: Newcastle NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by firebug »

Lol, ammo delivery!
"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by vlad01 »

haha, thought you like that one.
vlt304
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:46 am
cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by vlt304 »

vlad01 wrote:
firebug wrote:Image
wait I got one for that.

Image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

So begins another project! :)

Got the car in my shed today and the gemini is out at my brothers place now (its new owner).
P1130348.JPG
also started fitting the hoppers stoppers big brakes I have so then I could mount the front runners and see how they fit offset wise!
P1130349.JPG
and dummied up a commodore axle in the original diff housing to see how it all fitted, will need the diff to be a bit wider to get the rim centred in the guard a bit better then I should be able to run a 10 inch slick no worries :) (current tyre is 8 inch)
P1130354.JPG
once I work out that side of things i'll make a start on cutting down a commodore diff for it....

also in the debating stage of cutting into the firewall to recess the motor in a few inches, basically need to do it to fit everything, it will be better for weight distribution, and so the question is how far, I want to go back as far as I can as then I can fit decent radiator and thermos fans etc ...

anyways lots of fun to be had, but so far enjoying the change of scenery in the shed :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by delcowizzid »

when i mounted my v6 i lined number 1 plug up with front axle centreline to get the weight back wished i had 4 wheel scales at the time to see what difference it really made
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by immortality »

How is that coming along? Not seen any updates in a while.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

yeah I want to get it back a fair bit so I can fit a decent radiator and Mondeo twin thermos but I don't want to go back too far or it will be a pain to get at the rear exhaust bolts and the EFI manifold will hit
vlt304
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:46 am
cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by vlt304 »

back is good for sump clearance too aim for low on the engine bay too the lower the better.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

yep that's the plan, I'm going to have solid engine mounts so I should be able to get the sump pretty close to the cross member without fear of hitting!
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

HR brakes V's Hoppers Stoppers kit :)
13473746_10154935397927501_1247845008_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.