Reverse Engineering 12587603

Disassembly, Reassembly, Tools and devleopment. Going deep with Hardware and Software.
User avatar
AngelMarc
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.

Re: Reverse Engineering 12587603

Post by AngelMarc »

antus wrote: Sun Apr 20, 2025 11:51 am The source for Dzidav8/NSFW's work for the TBLU is here: viewtopic.php?p=104736#p104736
It seems its not working properly or completely even though it is working partially, so needs someone else to improve it and ideally get a patch in to ghidra. Perhaps it's because it's using a linked reference to a6 instead of a direct register. I don't know.
I'll agree with all that unless I find out otherwise.
Don't stress specific units.
gmtech825
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am

Re: Reverse Engineering 12587603

Post by gmtech825 »

Does anyone know the addresses where the shift adapt cell pressures are stored? I'd like an easy way to see if it is adding or removing pressure and by how much to get where it wants to be with less guess work. I wasn't able to tie it to a supported PID either. Maybe it's 0xffff8b96?

Do these PCM's even support mode $2d for logging memory addresses?
User avatar
NSFW
Posts: 802
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:13 am

Re: Reverse Engineering 12587603

Post by NSFW »

They do support logging from memory. The Parameters.RAM.xml file has a few examples showing how to get the logger to use memory.

This branch has more examples than the one in the develop branch:

https://github.com/PcmHammer/PcmHammer/ ... rs.RAM.xml
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
gmtech825
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am

Re: Reverse Engineering 12587603

Post by gmtech825 »

NSFW wrote: Thu Jul 31, 2025 9:40 pm They do support logging from memory. The Parameters.RAM.xml file has a few examples showing how to get the logger to use memory.

This branch has more examples than the one in the develop branch:

https://github.com/PcmHammer/PcmHammer/ ... rs.RAM.xml
Thanks, I see now how to set up the logger to read memory. I'll give it a try when I have more confidence the address I'm looking at is right. I think If i can trace the address by the reset TAP control functions I should be able to nail it down... But I'm having trouble finding that control function routine. I'm better with the can based ecms than I am with these.

actually PID 199B or 199C might be the current cell adapt pressure. And I may have found the jump to the $3b routine but it looks like it's pointing to ram :?:
gmtech825
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am

Re: Reverse Engineering 12587603

Post by gmtech825 »

Found a way. For anyone else wondering the easy way to read them. Mode $3c , block number $41,42,43 will return the 17 1-2 cell values. $44,45,46 will return the 17 2-3 cell values.
G-Body
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2025 3:57 pm
cars: 85 El Camino SS
85 Monte Carlo SS
05 CTS-V

Re: Reverse Engineering 12587603

Post by G-Body »

I`ve been looking for a way to monitor tow/haul aka performance mode status for a while now and I think I may have found an option. The reverse lockout pin 44 on C2 green connector is unused on automatic cars and seems like a good fit to be repurposed to control the indicator light. After digging through Ghidra it looks like when you are in performance shift mode DAT_ffffa3fe = 1 Oddly enough it looks like when DAT_ffffa3ce = 1 and you are below the reverse lockout speed the PCM will pull pin 44 down to ground. To me it looks like I could enable the reverse lockout, set the enable speed to 250, set the disable speed to 254 and then replace DAT_ffffa3ce with DAT_ffffa3fe at the 2 locations in the reverse lockout code routine and have an indicator light. I feel like I`m way over my head with this, but does anyone see a reason it would not work?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
NSFW
Posts: 802
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:13 am

Re: Reverse Engineering 12587603

Post by NSFW »

That sounds reasonable to me. The only way to know for sure is to try. :)

If you use an LED for the indicator light, you'll want a resistor to limit the current flow.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!