FX Holden Race Car Project

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Charlescrown »

Yep all in perspective now.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

Jayme wrote:
Charlescrown wrote:Nice work. Whats the two blue vertical braces behind the diff for?
looks to me like they are pretending to be coilovers till the real ones arrive :P
Yep!
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

Part of the reason I wanted to work out the wheel tubs was so I can sort out how I am going to fit the fuel system in, so I got stuck into that today, I've packed for a lot of holidays, this is definitely the smallest boot I've had to work with lol!

Fuel tank and surge tank just fit in between the wheel tubs, and as I got the front of them elevated a bit that meant they were further back up the chassis rail where it starts to turn upwards, so that got them in with enough room at the rear and got the angle of the tank right so the pickups should stay covered till the last drop!
P1130648.JPG
P1130649.JPG
And just for good measure I used the old wheel studs through the tank rails and old wheel nuts to hold it down hehe :)

Will put the battery on the left hand side behind the wheel, and that should also offset my weight on the driver side, and then I should be able to fit the lift pump behind the surge tank.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
v6bucket
Posts: 769
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by v6bucket »

FX/FJ boots are bigger than you think. I used to go to the drive-in with a few mates, 2 in the front & 2 in the boot, then we would split the entry 4 ways. Now I'm showing my age.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

hahahaha yeah normally they are pretty good, this one not so much anymore :P honestly if the wheel tubs were about 2 inch smaller each everything would fit so much better!
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Charlescrown »

The battery will offset your weight? Hmm 5kg. Anyway great progress.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

I didn't say it would equal my weight ;) but yeah get more weight over the passenger side will make more chance of getting 50/50 side to side weight balance .... and I know the turbo and piping all being on that side of the car will add to it, but then my weight and the fuel tank is what its fighting against!
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Charlescrown »

Is there a reason the fuel tank is too the right side? I see all the other bits and surge tank too the left so might not matter too much. Any idea with all up weight?
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

yeah much of a muchness i guess, its just how i layed it out, i didn't want the tank on the same side as the battery as its high and makes it harder to get battery in and out compared to the pumps

no idea on all up weight!
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

Happy days!
50E1E7A5-A06D-4B46-A43C-D75779301794.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.