Had a similar problem due to using a stainless pipe with no rolled edge. T bolt clamp solved it
Vlad's rides thread
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
Try a T bolt hose clamp... http://www.pwr.com.au/portfolio/t-bolt-clamps
Had a similar problem due to using a stainless pipe with no rolled edge. T bolt clamp solved it
Had a similar problem due to using a stainless pipe with no rolled edge. T bolt clamp solved it
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
That's what I ment ! Had a few beers after work and couldn't remember what there called ! You can get them from any place that sells rubber hose, I'm fairly sure there's an irrigation place on Matthews ave airport west that stock all different sizes, prob cheaper than pwr
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
Yep any hose place and some auto shops, PWR link was really only for the pretty picture
Have used them in stainless and galv.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
and I have put 18 psi through those clamps with no issues
hehe
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
the website looks to be down?
anyway, I will post a pick of a radiator with the same problem, only this one is used and you can see what a standard clamp does to the neck of the fitting.
I think if I am going to rely on a t bolt clamp, I'll need to press in a metal sleeve inside the fitting to stop it collapsing.
anyway, I will post a pick of a radiator with the same problem, only this one is used and you can see what a standard clamp does to the neck of the fitting.
I think if I am going to rely on a t bolt clamp, I'll need to press in a metal sleeve inside the fitting to stop it collapsing.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
found these, also listed on rarespares. looks to be genuine part number.
http://www.speedspares.net/VS19474_p/vs19474.htm
http://www.speedspares.net/VS19476_p/vs19476.htm
http://www.speedspares.net/VS19474_p/vs19474.htm
http://www.speedspares.net/VS19476_p/vs19476.htm
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
Velcro squares, metal plate with it glued and stitched on for extra extra security. got 9 to replace the 5 crappy factory ones.
bit with limiter so I don't hit the roof skin when I drill the cross-members
drilled
some sikaflex and rivets, ready to go!
new lining I had done 2 years ago finally got some use
outstanding!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
Hoodlining looks mint!
I have a VS V6 radiator here, not sure if they are the same as earlier or not, I got it in a parts car and was new a few months before I bought the car, anyways, it has barbs on it, not massive but they are there!
I have a VS V6 radiator here, not sure if they are the same as earlier or not, I got it in a parts car and was new a few months before I bought the car, anyways, it has barbs on it, not massive but they are there!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
are the barbs at the very end or like 5-10mm from the end?
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)
yeah pretty well on the end...
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread