My understanding is that with the 'S' chips there are sections of the chip that are unreadable, so by using the 'C' eeprom you can then read all sections of the chip.
Those interested in clips and adaptors, I am looking at ordering some more clips, would there be anyone interested in getting some too? I'm guessing it's mostly the soic8 clips and adaptors, only thing is that the clips that I get need to be wired, straight forward to do yourself.
VT-VX Clusters
-
BPJ
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:59 am
- cars: Toyota Hilux
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: VT-VX Clusters
If you feel like testing Madmn here's a couple of bin's I moded just do the opposite of what you did to post them remove .bin!
one should be 155008Kms if calc's are correct & other if you want to test what happens when going over 999,999Kms just need to drive for 16Kms!
thanks for the understanding of S & C in eeprom's, still not 100% sure it will work as the 24C04n when on board of another device I've been working with won't read until removed?
one should be 155008Kms if calc's are correct & other if you want to test what happens when going over 999,999Kms just need to drive for 16Kms!
thanks for the understanding of S & C in eeprom's, still not 100% sure it will work as the 24C04n when on board of another device I've been working with won't read until removed?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
madmn
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:05 am
- cars: vx
Re: VT-VX Clusters
the 93s56 and the 24c04n are both secure data EEprom, The W6 refers to newer speed from 1 mhz tp 2 mhz
if pin 7 on the 24c04 is grounded the data security function is disabled
they were used to prevent data loss and corruption
i think you might be having timing problems with it because of the way it reads and writes to the 93s56, i don't know what programmer you have but i bet it's probably more than needed for these old chips
anyway i still reckon use the 93c56 they're the same minus security function
if pin 7 on the 24c04 is grounded the data security function is disabled
they were used to prevent data loss and corruption
i think you might be having timing problems with it because of the way it reads and writes to the 93s56, i don't know what programmer you have but i bet it's probably more than needed for these old chips
anyway i still reckon use the 93c56 they're the same minus security function
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: VT-VX Clusters
There's another device I'm playing with that has a 93s46w6 eeprom & reading datasheet it doesn't say there's any difference between the 46, 56 or 66 so can I use the 93C56a in this too as I have ordered 5 of them to try out in the clusters!
As far as programmer's I have are True USB willems GQ3, Elnec MEMprogl that is with wall power supply & parallel connect only & have another flash & burn of moates!
I have tried all except the flash & burn on the 3 chips & no luck while IC, but saying that the 24C04 does read & program fine probably 50 times or more IC on the VY dash clusters?
EDIT: possibly they have pin 7 of the 24C04 on the VY dash clusters on ground circuit?
As far as programmer's I have are True USB willems GQ3, Elnec MEMprogl that is with wall power supply & parallel connect only & have another flash & burn of moates!
I have tried all except the flash & burn on the 3 chips & no luck while IC, but saying that the 24C04 does read & program fine probably 50 times or more IC on the VY dash clusters?
EDIT: possibly they have pin 7 of the 24C04 on the VY dash clusters on ground circuit?
-
madmn
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:05 am
- cars: vx
Re: VT-VX Clusters
there's a lot that's interchangeable, mainly to do with the operating voltage and speed, the latest eeprom operate between 1.8 t0 5.5 volts
around 98/01 car makers were looking to make cars more secure and then they stared to relax when OBD2 became standard which was good for diagnostic and bad for security as it is now easier the bypass a cars immobilizer system than ever before
do you have any info on the VX S2 clusters they use different stepper motors but, are they otherwise the same as the S1
around 98/01 car makers were looking to make cars more secure and then they stared to relax when OBD2 became standard which was good for diagnostic and bad for security as it is now easier the bypass a cars immobilizer system than ever before
do you have any info on the VX S2 clusters they use different stepper motors but, are they otherwise the same as the S1
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: VT-VX Clusters
nah sorry have no info at all, all I have is the 2 types of clusters previously mentioned in this thread with readable chip!
I have a VY cluster too but there pretty well cracked open!
will the 93C56a eeproms work in place of the 93S46W6?
I have a VY cluster too but there pretty well cracked open!
will the 93C56a eeproms work in place of the 93S46W6?
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: VT-VX Clusters
Ahh.. I get the calculation now, it is alot like the eeprom version calculations!
Can series 2 go into a series 1 car? I think VxGetrag said before that they were not interchangable?.. odo and speedo did'nt work ect. So id assume the pin layouts must be different like the vy/vz's
They are fine to write to alot more then that.. the poor mangled vz cluster here has had at least a 150+ by now, amount of trial and errors that thing has gone through!24C04 does read & program fine probably 50 times or more IC on the VY dash clusters
Can series 2 go into a series 1 car? I think VxGetrag said before that they were not interchangable?.. odo and speedo did'nt work ect. So id assume the pin layouts must be different like the vy/vz's
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: VT-VX Clusters
Hey Tazz, yeah I only mentioned about the cluster I'd programmed 50 times saying I know it can happen & not limiting it's life but thanks!
With the series 1 & 2 thing they were vt clusters I've got & the series 1 vt didn't like series 2 vt or VX but did the same thing in both, the series 2 vt cluster worked fine in series 2(go figure) but didn't get a chance to test in VX but from my testing of series 1 I'm thinking they will work!
With the series 1 & 2 thing they were vt clusters I've got & the series 1 vt didn't like series 2 vt or VX but did the same thing in both, the series 2 vt cluster worked fine in series 2(go figure) but didn't get a chance to test in VX but from my testing of series 1 I'm thinking they will work!
-
madmn
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:05 am
- cars: vx
Re: VT-VX Clusters
ok small update cloning cluster from single window to 3 triple does not work and corrupted the cluster and i was then able to reflash it with the original eef file
i found out it makes the triple cluster display errors ODO b ? and not display the other windows. what the software dumps is the MCU instruction + ODO reading and that's all there is nothing to alter in the .eef dump
but when you make corrections or read the MCU, the programs allows you to edit dumps which is different to the eef dumps i guess this is what is programable
more to come.......
i found out it makes the triple cluster display errors ODO b ? and not display the other windows. what the software dumps is the MCU instruction + ODO reading and that's all there is nothing to alter in the .eef dump
but when you make corrections or read the MCU, the programs allows you to edit dumps which is different to the eef dumps i guess this is what is programable
more to come.......
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: VT-VX Clusters
Madmn,
Maybe try comparing the 2 dumps & see what is different & hopefully like I did with mine just need to change the air bag config from 1 to 3 or vice versa or any other setting & then I changed the fuel calibration also!
But see how many differences there are when you compare the hex files!
Maybe try comparing the 2 dumps & see what is different & hopefully like I did with mine just need to change the air bag config from 1 to 3 or vice versa or any other setting & then I changed the fuel calibration also!
But see how many differences there are when you compare the hex files!