Beading/bead rolling tool/s for steel lines.
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Beading/bead rolling tool/s for steel lines.
Some cool hydraulic flaring tools out now can get cheaper than this even does gm quick disconnect flares https://www.ebay.com/itm/197044610686?_ ... BMmtmx77hl
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Beading/bead rolling tool/s for steel lines.
Thats neat, way out of my price range though.
Would be nice to find a business that has the tools so one can get a one off job done, that's my goal but nothing so far.
Would be nice to find a business that has the tools so one can get a one off job done, that's my goal but nothing so far.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Beading/bead rolling tool/s for steel lines.
Pretty much hit a dead end with this, found two business that form tubes, pipes and hoses and machines to do beading, one smaller one that I was palmed off to by the bigger one I tried first, didn't specifically have 3/8 or 10mm so they reckon the first mob shouldn't have a reason for not being able to help me and didn't know why they sent me to him knowing well they were more equip for the job. The first one, a big one in QLD was a real mixed bag, the reception/sales lady was great and said no probs, the production manager I think was a real ass, never wanted to speak directly. A few attempts to get something and just excuses that imho were all BS ones. In the end I said, ok, just give me some straight tube sections with just the ends beaded so you don't have to do any work making the job as easy as possible (good suggestion given to me by the smaller business), so I can bend them up at home, was told it would cost me too much, ffs.
I said it was not going to cost too much in the email response and safety and simplicity was my highest priority than it costing a few more bucks. I gave the reasons why I couldn't do it with the tools and solutions that were available to me otherwise, so far crickets. I'd be surprise if he gets back to me and agrees to make anything, the guy wouldn't even give the sales lady the info for a simple quote nor any indication of what this "too expensive" cost would roughly be.
These are the sort of things that make me avoid dealing with people.
Guess I'm just going to have to use crappy ugly and expensive! (clearly not as expensive as old mate says two straight bits of tube will cost with 5 sec of machine time per end
) hard line to AN to barb adapters

One day I'll buy one of those Parker aircraft beading tools just so I can say f off, I'll do it myself!
Rant over.
I said it was not going to cost too much in the email response and safety and simplicity was my highest priority than it costing a few more bucks. I gave the reasons why I couldn't do it with the tools and solutions that were available to me otherwise, so far crickets. I'd be surprise if he gets back to me and agrees to make anything, the guy wouldn't even give the sales lady the info for a simple quote nor any indication of what this "too expensive" cost would roughly be.
These are the sort of things that make me avoid dealing with people.
Guess I'm just going to have to use crappy ugly and expensive! (clearly not as expensive as old mate says two straight bits of tube will cost with 5 sec of machine time per end
One day I'll buy one of those Parker aircraft beading tools just so I can say f off, I'll do it myself!
Rant over.