FX Holden Race Car Project
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
but then that's what happens when you put a big cam and a yella terra head on a stock bottom end 
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
well a fair bit has happened in the last few weeks, I finally got the last of the needed bits to finish off the fuel system in the boot. All that's left to do now is cut out the base of the surge tank so the lift pump fits in a bit better.
Also got the -10 fitting welded onto the fuel rail.
Transmission oil cooler lines finished aside from one fitting needed for the gearbox end.
I got the turbo water and oil feed fittings.
I've gotten back to the roll cage, I wanted to tack weld it in place so I can work out the bars for the engine bay, and also so I can finish making some of the other bars I haven't done yet.
This is a rough trial of the bar into the engine bay, it needs a few tweaks but should work nicely.
I wanted to get this one in so I can then make the turbo manifold around it!
Starting to work out where the best place is for the turbo, certainly a lot more room than the gemini had which is good as I want to get it away from the inlet manifold.
You can also see in the below pic, I have modified the thermostat housing to have fittings for the turbo coolant feeds, they were normally just cast push on heater hose fittings.
I'm still waiting on the turbo flanges then I can start on a manifold
I've also dropped the block and rotating assembly to the machine shop, its getting bored and balanced, can then start on dummy assembly and work out machining needed to get zero deck height.
I had purchased a stud girdle for this motor too, and it seems it doesn't fit real well with the oil pickup, so i'm modifying the motor to have external oil pickup outside the block and then a speedflow fitting in the side of the pan for it, will update with some pics once I have progressed with that.
Also got the -10 fitting welded onto the fuel rail.
Transmission oil cooler lines finished aside from one fitting needed for the gearbox end.
I got the turbo water and oil feed fittings.
I've gotten back to the roll cage, I wanted to tack weld it in place so I can work out the bars for the engine bay, and also so I can finish making some of the other bars I haven't done yet.
This is a rough trial of the bar into the engine bay, it needs a few tweaks but should work nicely.
I wanted to get this one in so I can then make the turbo manifold around it!
Starting to work out where the best place is for the turbo, certainly a lot more room than the gemini had which is good as I want to get it away from the inlet manifold.
You can also see in the below pic, I have modified the thermostat housing to have fittings for the turbo coolant feeds, they were normally just cast push on heater hose fittings.
I'm still waiting on the turbo flanges then I can start on a manifold
I've also dropped the block and rotating assembly to the machine shop, its getting bored and balanced, can then start on dummy assembly and work out machining needed to get zero deck height.
I had purchased a stud girdle for this motor too, and it seems it doesn't fit real well with the oil pickup, so i'm modifying the motor to have external oil pickup outside the block and then a speedflow fitting in the side of the pan for it, will update with some pics once I have progressed with that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Nice work mate
-
jenko
- Posts: 450
- Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
- cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon - Location: Pine mountain .vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
looking good
-
yoda69
- Posts: 1226
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
- cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual - Location: Geelong, VIC
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Looking good.
Did you see the article on page 12 of May 2017 Street Machine magazine?
FJ ute with 186 doing an 8.90 1/4 mile @150mph, lots of boost and a Duggan alloy head, although do prefer the look of yours with everything under the bonnet.
Did you see the article on page 12 of May 2017 Street Machine magazine?
FJ ute with 186 doing an 8.90 1/4 mile @150mph, lots of boost and a Duggan alloy head, although do prefer the look of yours with everything under the bonnet.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
yeah i've seen plenty of vids of it
all my friends on FB tag me in all the vids 
that ute certain has a full on blown look too it with the big inject hat out the bonnet, but im looking more for a stealth stockish body look with go underneath

that ute certain has a full on blown look too it with the big inject hat out the bonnet, but im looking more for a stealth stockish body look with go underneath
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
yoda69
- Posts: 1226
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
- cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual - Location: Geelong, VIC
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
I've always liked the street sleeper look with a lot of poke.
Looking at the pics under the bonnet at least you have a good bit of realestate to play with
Looking at the pics under the bonnet at least you have a good bit of realestate to play with
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Thats looking amazing, fuel system is epic. Poor 202.
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
far out sammy. far out.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Full on. Your speed of your progress is amazing. What are you making the turbo manifold out of?