Gregs Fleet

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
wozza
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:05 am
cars: VR commodore

Re: Gregs Fleet

Post by wozza »

vlad01 wrote:chrome is lame!

shiny OEM look is bestest.

Grey, black and silver are the best colours apart from gold chromate zinc plated parts.
LOL Im old school you have to have chrome in the engine bay :D helps deciding when its clean time ;)
IMAG0091.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Gregs Fleet

Post by immortality »

WOW, that's tidy. I see you even scored a set of injector rail covers from the US.

I'm surprised you don't have chromed dome nuts on those strut towers........
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Gregs Fleet

Post by Gareth »

geez, thats Vlad spec :lol:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: Gregs Fleet

Post by Jayme »

wozza wrote: LOL Im old school you have to have chrome in the engine bay :D helps deciding when its clean time ;)

in my experience, cleaning time is never... ive washed my ls1 twice, first time I killed an oil pressure sensor, 2nd time it seeped under the mainfold and killed the knock sensors so it cost me $150 each wash LOL. I have decided that dirt doesnt stop an engine getting you from A to B :P
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Gregs Fleet

Post by immortality »

I've had similar troubles with V6 coils and washing/degreasing engines, careful use of hose solved that problem. I also find the serpentine belts really don't like it much either.
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Gregs Fleet

Post by psyolent »

geez wozza that looks great man. awesome stuff.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
wozza
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:05 am
cars: VR commodore

Re: Gregs Fleet

Post by wozza »

aaawww thanks for all the very kind comments... its just my POS daily I like to tinker with...The trick to engine wash is to use plenty of glad wrap and zip lock bags
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Gregs Fleet

Post by vlad01 »

Biggvl wrote:geez, thats Vlad spec :lol:
nope, that a bit too bogan for me lol :lol: . I'm not a fan of flashy chrome add ons.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Gregs Fleet

Post by vlad01 »

Jayme wrote:
wozza wrote: LOL Im old school you have to have chrome in the engine bay :D helps deciding when its clean time ;)

in my experience, cleaning time is never... ive washed my ls1 twice, first time I killed an oil pressure sensor, 2nd time it seeped under the mainfold and killed the knock sensors so it cost me $150 each wash LOL. I have decided that dirt doesnt stop an engine getting you from A to B :P
I use a micro fiber damp cloth now days. Only thing I have killed is one V6 coil pack, the posts are a 2 piece design and draw water up at the base into the post and can kill them.

in saying that it only happen once in 10 years of regularly washing the engine bay with a pressure cleaner. I find the biggest killer is water getting into bolt threads and inside crush tubes and corroding the bolts.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Gregs Fleet

Post by Holden202T »

well your new motors are all just shit, I can hose the fuck out of my 202 and it loves it :P