vlad01 wrote:I found the factory knock control system very hit and miss like Antus said, it's very early and primitive.
I find most of the time it triggers from gearbox noise and exhaust pulses when you have headers. And the worst part is, most of the time it doesn't even register real knock when I verified with knock headphones on the dyno.
I disable all settings related to knock and just tune in a little safety margin in the spark table with knock headphones.
If you want knock control it may be possible to run a external knock box like the G4 that HP academy showed years ago into one of the inputs and run a flex table to retard the timing but I think it will still be crude compared to modern ECUs
Yes it was the case of trying to have more information is all. This year, the engine is up from 2.5L to 3.0L and a more aggressive cam. Figured maybe add in the knock sensor input. But can keep using past method ... but maybe some fuel additive this year for higher boost testing.
How does this calibration table function: ESC - ESC recovery rate (Deg/200mS) vs RPM? Current table all cells = 2.99ms
What I intend to do is to have ESC recovery at a faster rate.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
I think its saying it'll recover 3 degrees every 200ms (.2 of a second), regardless of the rpm (all rows are the same). you could make it recover faster or slower at one end of the rpm range if you wanted, and the 2.99 is likely a rounding of the 8 bit value where they entered '3' in the factory after the equation is applied.
Probably not specific to 12P, just needs tuning. Look at your first and second stage cranking fuel (would be my bet, too far out for an injector change), and cold start enrichment and so on.
antus wrote: Sun Nov 16, 2025 11:13 pm
Probably not specific to 12P, just needs tuning. Look at your first and second stage cranking fuel (would be my bet, too far out for an injector change), and cold start enrichment and so on.
Benn at it for days with the cranking fuel tables, if I change them too much either way, the hot and cold starts get worse
Maybe look at spark gap as well. Not sure, big injectors can be a pain. Probably worth starting your own thread as its not really to do with the 12p definitions or download.
Yeah fair, was hoping there was a table that I'd missed and never needed before, stock injectors, big cam. Runs perfectly otherwise. Most people would probably be happy with it to be honest