Just fitted some HSV Parts recently VE Cubsport seats and R8 staggered wheels got Brakes on front and rears ready to go on.
Wanting to do some track work eventually so am taking weight out where I can too while still keeping it comfortable.
Bought a Bonnet scoop too but haven't got around to getting that fitted yet gets quite hot under bonnet
Muncies vy Turbo v6
-
Muncie
- Posts: 231
- Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:15 am
- cars: Vy commodore, Turbo Ecotec v6
- Location: New Zealand Waikato
Re: Muncies vy Turbo v6
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Muncie on Mon Apr 27, 2026 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
Muncie
- Posts: 231
- Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:15 am
- cars: Vy commodore, Turbo Ecotec v6
- Location: New Zealand Waikato
Re: Muncies vy Turbo v6
Not sure why photos are sideways......
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Muncies vy Turbo v6
Looking good mate
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Muncies vy Turbo v6
Iphone I assume?
if so, its a weird iphone issue. I found in the past on win 7 where I would upload my pics first, I would rotate each pic, even if they looked the right way, move to the next and repeat so they all save the wrong way, then go back and turn them back, they save as you go to the next in the default photo viewer program on win 7. Then when uploading on the net, they were 100% the correct way
But come win 10 and 11 this stopped working as a fix for some reason and the program on 11/10 is woefully slow to flip though pics (progress huh!), works fine on linux though where they actually show the wrong way before posting on the net, so you can actually see which ones have done it and not have to remove and reupload to the forum. I believe it's something to do with apple and potentially other phones using non standard or corrupted meta data in their pics, so the standard ways websites interpret them, it reads it wrong an ends up some random direction. My hypothesis is phone pics sometimes contain meta data for more than one orientation and the websites reads the first one or the something which might not be the right way, I think this because phones have that automatic orientation flipping based on the accelerometer reading and maybe the software on the phone glitches and somehow adds more than one orientation to the same pic, coz I noticed pics that I know the phone did an auto flip during taking that particular pic more often than not were the ones that I needed to fix later, even if they did end up the right way in the end on the actual phone.
I found sites or programs that strip meta data out of the pics, will cause them to all go the same orientation as viewed on the phone.
-
Muncie
- Posts: 231
- Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:15 am
- cars: Vy commodore, Turbo Ecotec v6
- Location: New Zealand Waikato
Re: Muncies vy Turbo v6
Yeah im on android fortunately (or unfortunately)
I'll just do video updates on YouTube maybe instead
I'll just do video updates on YouTube maybe instead
-
Muncie
- Posts: 231
- Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:15 am
- cars: Vy commodore, Turbo Ecotec v6
- Location: New Zealand Waikato
Re: Muncies vy Turbo v6
Fitted some VE clubsport seats recently bolt in affair turns out despite what the internet says the airbags do not work on vy srs system so that sucks, still able to be certified but airbags must be disabled as my cert guy doesn't want to get into deciding if the vy cabin is compatible with ve airbag deployment........ everything else must stay functional though.
If anyone can help with that pm me.
If anyone can help with that pm me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Muncie
- Posts: 231
- Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:15 am
- cars: Vy commodore, Turbo Ecotec v6
- Location: New Zealand Waikato
Re: Muncies vy Turbo v6
More HSV PARTS!!!
Headlights from another HSV restored scored for $200 bucks were quite foggy and yellow all fixed up
Turbo off for Nz Warrant of fitness (roadworthy) uncut bumper support fitted.
Getting back to road legal again so I can do some street events and work on maffless tune.
Headlights from another HSV restored scored for $200 bucks were quite foggy and yellow all fixed up
Turbo off for Nz Warrant of fitness (roadworthy) uncut bumper support fitted.
Getting back to road legal again so I can do some street events and work on maffless tune.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
-
brindo
- Posts: 333
- Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:43 pm
- Location: Western Queensland
Re: Muncies vy Turbo v6
Looks great.
How do you find the VE seats compared to the VY?
How do you find the VE seats compared to the VY?
-
Muncie
- Posts: 231
- Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:15 am
- cars: Vy commodore, Turbo Ecotec v6
- Location: New Zealand Waikato
Re: Muncies vy Turbo v6
They feel lower and way less rooted these are Clubby seats so probably not a fair comparison though I did look at some just normal VE-VF half leather seats as well seem to just be better put together overall.brindo wrote: Tue May 26, 2026 1:18 am Looks great.
How do you find the VE seats compared to the VY?
I got these out of a flood damaged car guy stripped them out and dried them but we're pretty filthy still 2 hours with rug doctor they look much better still wet in photos so look a bit blotchy. The vy seat rails bolted on vy motors plugged in to ve seat switches so that side was easy. Airbag location completely Different though.
I did message a reverse engineer to see about getting some sort of interface or coding done here in NZ and In OZ understandable they weren't keen i get that its high risk. I can fit resister and capacitor to trick SRS system into been happy and just not run the Airbags in seats legally here fortunately.