How to loose 200kgs?....
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
well spotted, these aren't offered with a V6 mount, thats tonights job to weld on the plates I've had pressed up to suit, will post pics after that.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
Biggvl wrote:well spotted, these aren't offered with a V6 mount, thats tonights job to weld on the plates I've had pressed up to suit, will post pics after that.
edit:there may be enough extra room to drop the engine height a bit and lower the C of G to improve handling?
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
We dropped the engine about an inch (as much as practicle), im not happy with my mount design so photos will have to wait...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
Got a run last night and gathered some good data, I'd love some input from others, it got pretty hot in the first log...
Managed to get the chassis really dialled in and was able to do some paint swapping with the gen3 boys
Managed to get the chassis really dialled in and was able to do some paint swapping with the gen3 boys
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
How many of the other 9 cars out there was 6 cylinder? Sounded like yours was the only one? or one of very few.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
Well here i am again, almost ready for the big 100 lapper next weekend, going over and over every detail on the car, making sure i've go enough spares to rebuild the car at the track... I wonder what will go wrong this time
Can't believe its almost been a year since i took to the car with the grinder
getting antsie now...
On a side note, 1000 posts
Can't believe its almost been a year since i took to the car with the grinder
On a side note, 1000 posts
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
so this weekend coming or the following?
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
He said next weekend ! Where's it at big "g" ?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
but its still the weekend so to me that can mean either the new one coming or the following after that if you count this one over which its actually not technically speaking.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: How to loose 200kgs?....
He said next weekend !