What to monitor/ adjust in RT?

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Re: What to monitor/ adjust in RT?

Post by krusty »

Pretty sure it's a hardware issue. Will swap it all over tonight
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

If you still have the problem on a new ECU will get you to try a couple of things. When initially starting TP and syncing the ECU to TP you are only reading from the ECU. So, if everytime you are finding the ECU craps itself remove the R/W jumper and let me know what it does when syncing up. If that is all good turn the key off, install the R/W jumper, key on, open the flashtool and click get cal, save the cal, then try a write cal and write the cal you just got from the ECU. If at anytime the NVRAM gets corrupt read it in the programmer before before writing the bin again.
krusty

Post by krusty »

Will do. Wednesday or Thursday evening will be the next chance we have to try the newly equipped ecu
krusty

Post by krusty »

Couldn't get RT to work still so further work is needed there. The car needs to be on the other side of town today so I knocked up a hopefully "SAFE" tune. Would appreciate some feedback on the actual "safeness" of my tune here as we all know I am not the guru of TP by a long shot lol.

Just to refresh the car is a VP 5L with a fresh set of rings, bearings and gaskets. Twin 2.5" exhaust with high flow cats. Crane 276 cam on stock comp and stock stall with stock diff gears.

The stage I'm at now is: stock V8 memcal (no knock filter) with a socketed 256k eprom and the tune I've attached here. It's a BLCF with a BBMP (VP HSV 200kw) spark table albeit pulled back and smoothed a tad. Adjusted inj rate according to the kinjflow calc spreadsheet (0.069) and altered ppk, NB learn logic enabled, lean cruise enabled and that's about it.

I took the car for a drive with the WB hooked in pre cat and the AFRs were pretty damn good, just going into the 15:1 region at mid throttle where I think commanded AFR is around 13.8??? The car needs to be moved so it will see no more than 30% TPS. Luckily the owner has a brain and when I say "don't thrash the car" or be conservative, he listens so I don't have a drama there.

The car is planned to be going for a 180km round trip today so if you guys see anything that doesn't look safe please let me know as the owner will happily park the car up until the RT can be hooked up.

Krusty
Attachments
OSE $12P V111 BLCF V8safe.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

without seeing a log of how the fueling is on this tune its pretty much impossible to say if its safe or not.
krusty

Post by krusty »

Holden202 wrote:without seeing a log of how the fueling is on this tune its pretty much impossible to say if its safe or not.
I neglected to log the AFRs last night but just observed on the screen. Not right but nothing standout or big sways at all.

I understand this is not correct but am more concerned about my spark table adjustments possibly being overzealous lol
krusty

Post by krusty »

Turned off NB VE learn logic and pulled back the timing some more to really play it safe. Also increased the VEs blindly by around 10 percent from 2400/ 50kpa onwards just to quench any KR that may creep in.

Drive went off without a hitch. Hopefully will have a chance to go RT later in the week and once that's all sorted it will be off to the dyno
krusty

Post by krusty »

Latest reincarnation of the tune attached here. This hasn't been RT yet so is pretty fat and has pretty average spark
Attachments
OSE $12P V111 BLCF V8safe.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 299 times