Mrs The1 VX Berlina Wagon

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Mrs The1 VX Berlina Wagon

Post by vlad01 »

So the travel was 10.5?
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Mrs The1 VX Berlina Wagon

Post by The1 »

Sorry should measure properly, That was without the cup and a snapring, here it is without spring full down upto snapring. So it's 6mm, so perhaps v6 didn't get the lsx updated lifters? I rechecked and both are same
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Mrs The1 VX Berlina Wagon

Post by vlad01 »

well that's what I've seen as well, the old design used throughout.
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Mrs The1 VX Berlina Wagon

Post by The1 »

yeh must have had some old stock to use up
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Mrs The1 VX Berlina Wagon

Post by vlad01 »

The latest designs have come a long way, so it's a great upgrade without even needing to go aftermarket.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Mrs The1 VX Berlina Wagon

Post by delcowizzid »

We put the ls7 disk style lifters in the last build they changed the tune big time over stock v6 lifters. We actually got all of the duration of the cam idle was choppy as shit and air fuels were rich down low was a big difference
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Mrs The1 VX Berlina Wagon

Post by delcowizzid »

We did change timing sets too maybe it shifted the cam a little too but you wouldn't think that would chop it up so much https://youtu.be/Ovbyn-Iak04
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Mrs The1 VX Berlina Wagon

Post by The1 »

Nice stuff, so because of the shorter travel and smaller preload do you then need shorter pushrods?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Mrs The1 VX Berlina Wagon

Post by vlad01 »

Normally yes, mine were slightly shorter than stock after everything was done.
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Mrs The1 VX Berlina Wagon

Post by The1 »

Well i put VT Cam and lifters in, all quiet again and running well, checked oil pump in front cover and chain play and all looks good and within spec, hopefully get a few more k's now out of it.