PCM Hammer P12 development

They go by many names, P01, P10, P12, P59, E38, VPW, '0411 etc.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12

Post by antus »

Good call, you could even not delay and just return and look for the response kur4o is talking about to confirm the upload and execute part, then add the watchdogs back in until you know they are working, then move on to the DLC.
Response on return would essentially be response for a kernel upload has to come from the kernel so that makes sense. I would say the response handler is more for errors, though they obviously put success in there as well, even if its not used.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12

Post by Gampy »

Good call ... Thy shall be done!

As I head off to :comp:

Edit; That made it really big ... 4 bytes!

It's just an empty routine ...

I have nothing to test this with, this is all it is,

Code: Select all

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// This is the entry point for the kernel.
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
int
__attribute__((section(".kernelstart")))
KernelStart(void)
{
	//
	// Empty ...
	//
}
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12

Post by Tazzi »

I thought when using the execute byte, the the code uploaded is direct ran thus its up to the kernel to respond?

Least this is how it worked for the canbus stuff (Obviously different protocol.. but should still follow same standards).
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12

Post by Gampy »

Tazzi,

I strive to know half of what you know about this stuff, however the following is from a kernel that I know does not send that final 76 00 following the 3680 on a P01.
Gampy wrote:The P01/P59 PCM Hammer process goes like this ...

[10:49:46:813] TX: 6C10F034001000FF8000
[10:49:46:852] RX: 6C F0 10 74 00 44
.
. . . . . . . . . . Wacked for brevity.
.
[10:49:46:900] TX: 360003F0FF9C00 . . . . . . . . . Wacked for brevity.
[10:49:47:924] RX: 6D F0 10 76 00 73
.
. . . . . . . . . . Wacked for brevity.
.
[10:49:54:274] TX: 36800400FF8000 . . . . . . . . . Wacked for brevity.
[10:49:55:314] RX: 6D F0 10 76 00 73

At this point the kernel is in control until we allow the WatchDog to run out causing the PCM to reboot.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12

Post by Tazzi »

Yeah, at that last frame:
36 80 04 00 FF 80 00

The "80" is to execute which would start at the 0xFF8000 location. Maybe some ECUs do respond, and others do not.
For CAN based ones, no response occurs, you have to actually send the 76 response back from the kernel.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12

Post by Gampy »

Next step, testing COPs ...

Last test, I'll let y'all decide ... :D :thumbup: Spoiler alert ...
[09:16:00:706] TX: 6D 10 F0 36 80 00 04 FF 20 00 4E 75 00 00 02 66
[09:16:00:742] RX: 6C F0 10 76 00 73
[09:16:00:744] Found response, Success
[09:16:00:746] Kernel upload 100% complete.
[09:16:00:754] Kernel uploaded to PCM succesfully...
Just sent the simple delayed loop with dog scratcher routine as mentioned here out for testing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12

Post by Gampy »

The dog ain't happy with my scratching, it didn't live.

So I added some nop's between COP2's bset, bclr ...

And sent a couple of tests.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12

Post by Gampy »

In that FFFF0000 disassembly, where is the entry point, is it FF2000, so sub_FFFF2404 is the first code ran ??
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12

Post by Tazzi »

Gampy wrote:The dog ain't happy with my scratching, it didn't live.

So I added some nop's between COP2's bset, bclr ...

And sent a couple of tests.
So 55,AA at FA55 and then bit 7 switch at FA21?? Shouldnt be anymore then that??
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12

Post by Gampy »

Code: Select all

#define WATCHDOG1                  (*(unsigned char *)0x00FFFA55)
#define WATCHDOG2                  (*(unsigned char *)0x00FFFA21)

void ScratchWatchdog()
{
  WATCHDOG1 = 0x55;
  WATCHDOG1 = 0xAA;
  WATCHDOG2 &= 0x7F;
  WATCHDOG2 |= 0x80;
}
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!