I can live with that though, I am really looking for how to get the dam VT to start. Matching the BCM to the PCM is what I need to figure out it seems
FC with VT 5L
-
nes304
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:38 am
- cars: FC with VT 5Lt
VZ Crewman 6Lt
Re: FC with VT 5L
Have no idea how to reboot the dash...
on the VZ, thanks for the link. I will have to re read it in depth later me thinks.
I can live with that though, I am really looking for how to get the dam VT to start. Matching the BCM to the PCM is what I need to figure out it seems
I can live with that though, I am really looking for how to get the dam VT to start. Matching the BCM to the PCM is what I need to figure out it seems
-
nes304
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:38 am
- cars: FC with VT 5Lt
VZ Crewman 6Lt
Re: FC with VT 5L
DID THIS TODAY AND IT TURNED.... I think the security killed it after thatJayme wrote:see the frame 40,58,86,AE,06,2E .... that frame is from the BCM and it means you do have a valid key in the ignition. without a valid key that message will have FF FF FF in it. how certain are you that this is the exact PCM that matches the BCM and key?
have you tried flicking the key from the off position right around to start as quick as you can turn it? if you turn it fast enough it will crank regardless of anti theft.
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: FC with VT 5L
Great to see it cranks. I have a VR and went to put cruise control on only to find out the confusion with BCM's and it all got too hard so I put an aftermarket one on. Getting back to your problem I wonder if a TECH2 can match up BCM and ECU? Might be worth a look. By they way it looks like a great car and a job well done.
-
nes304
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:38 am
- cars: FC with VT 5Lt
VZ Crewman 6Lt
Re: FC with VT 5L
Thanks.Charlescrown wrote:Great to see it cranks. I have a VR and went to put cruise control on only to find out the confusion with BCM's and it all got too hard so I put an aftermarket one on. Getting back to your problem I wonder if a TECH2 can match up BCM and ECU? Might be worth a look. By they way it looks like a great car and a job well done.
I have EfiLive and OSEtool and wonder if they can do it?
I am told I may have another problem as the BCM is a "315 low" which may or may not be able to run my cruise control. Works the windows fine but.
I do wonder if its easier just to get a memcal free of VATS although with a car like this I do like the security bit
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: FC with VT 5L
Just key off, key on.nes304 wrote:Have no idea how to reboot the dash...
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: FC with VT 5L
Great to hear the result!
A memcal with no VATS will help the engine to start, but you may need to rewire the starter motor trigger wire to get around that side of the security. unless you just want to live with it only starting when you go super fast ignition style
be handy if you had a mate that wokred for holden that could bring their tech2 around and relink lol. so you dont have access to the BCM that matches your v8 PCM? or the v8 PCM that matches your BCM?
A memcal with no VATS will help the engine to start, but you may need to rewire the starter motor trigger wire to get around that side of the security. unless you just want to live with it only starting when you go super fast ignition style
be handy if you had a mate that wokred for holden that could bring their tech2 around and relink lol. so you dont have access to the BCM that matches your v8 PCM? or the v8 PCM that matches your BCM?
-
nes304
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:38 am
- cars: FC with VT 5Lt
VZ Crewman 6Lt
Re: FC with VT 5L
I wish I had a tech2 or a Holden mate....
Knowing it'll turn now at least will let me continue with other things like welding in the new fuel tank.
For my VZ srs issue, key off/on does not help in any way
Knowing it'll turn now at least will let me continue with other things like welding in the new fuel tank.
For my VZ srs issue, key off/on does not help in any way
-
nes304
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:38 am
- cars: FC with VT 5Lt
VZ Crewman 6Lt
Re: FC with VT 5L
Unfortunately I don't have access to the original PCM. I can't get the OSE tool to "see" it eitherJayme wrote:Great to hear the result!
A memcal with no VATS will help the engine to start, but you may need to rewire the starter motor trigger wire to get around that side of the security. unless you just want to live with it only starting when you go super fast ignition style
be handy if you had a mate that wokred for holden that could bring their tech2 around and relink lol. so you dont have access to the BCM that matches your v8 PCM? or the v8 PCM that matches your BCM?
-
nes304
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:38 am
- cars: FC with VT 5Lt
VZ Crewman 6Lt
Re: FC with VT 5L
..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: FC with VT 5L
have you gone into the options and chosen VT pcm in vehicle? also make sure its trying to connect to device id F5