VP Wiring

Wiring diagrams and questions
v6bucket
Posts: 769
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am

VP Wiring

Post by v6bucket »

I'm setting a VP V6 motor in a frame so that I can understand the tuning & data logging. So far the engine is ready to mount to the frame & I think that I have every thing to make it run. The wiring loom that I have is from a VP, but I only have the engine harness & not the main harness or relay/fuse box. The wiring diagrams that I've found are a little vague. The 2 plugs (see pics) are normally located near the relay box under the bonnet. This is only a stationary motor & wont be connected to a transmission or a std dash. Can someone give me a simple wiring set up so that the engine will run.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: VP Wiring

Post by Holden202T »

don't have a wiring diagram infront of me at the moment, but when i was setting up the efi on a 202 for the first time this is what i used to get it running :thumbup:
Image
v6bucket
Posts: 769
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am

Re: VP Wiring

Post by v6bucket »

Thanks Holden202, I've found another wiring diagram that's a little better. Just trying to connect the necessary items & leave the things that aren't needed.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: VP Wiring

Post by Jayme »

its pretty much - power the injectors and ign module (big red wire) then 2x constant power to the ECU (pins C16 and B1) then ign power to the pin A6 (pink wire) and itll start. oh and power your fuel pump off a relay, pin A1 Green White is the trigger.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: VP Wiring

Post by Holden202T »

green white is earth trigger for the relay too!
v6bucket
Posts: 769
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am

Re: VP Wiring

Post by v6bucket »

Well I got it all to work ok, & I've also got the LM-1 communicating with TP5, just need to fit a different exhaust set up, as it's to large & diluting the exhaust mix. The only mufflers that I had are 3" hotdogs, but I think I can borrow something smaller in the next few days.
P1010642.JPG
This is what I'll be fitting the motor into sometime in the future.
P1010643.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: VP Wiring

Post by Holden202T »

lol, looks like an old generator housing if i didn't know any better :D

and dude, you need to tidy your shed, i thought mine was bad!