help reading vn tune

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
User avatar
V8hilux
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
Location: Inverell Northern NSW

help reading vn tune

Post by V8hilux »

I bought a GQ-4X programer and trying to figure out how to use it.

the chip i'm trying to read was bought from a guy called greenfoam for my vp 5.0.
the memcal he sent me had a socket soldered in to it and I pulled the eprom out of the socket and put it in the programer with the notch facing away from me and the eprom down in the bottom holes. (is that right)

I hit read, and it read the chip and then i saved the bin to my desktop.

I opened tunerpro and that's where I'm at. (I have been using turerpro with my navram and ose12p with the bubble tracing for my car so I need to find out how to get rid of the xdf/bin/etc that was used for the ose12p and figure out which settings/xdf's etc I need up the top of tunerpro page to read the bin from the vp chip that i downloaded with the programer from the eprom.

I know I don't need to use the programer to tune my car as I have since bought all the navram mods from this site but since I bought the programer a week before getting the navram i am just curious as to how to use it like they did before the navram came about.

any info or directions to the posts i need to read would be appreciated thanks.

all i know about the eprom is on the underside it says 7842217sbi mf52 philippines and on the top has a silver sticker and says some other numbers but the sticker covers them up.

It seems I read the chip ok, but it's all hex so which settings to turn it to english thanks
User avatar
V8hilux
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
Location: Inverell Northern NSW

Re: help reading vn tune

Post by V8hilux »

vrchip.bin
This is the file i read from the eprom. how can you tell which $$$ signs and letters you need to open the bins?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: help reading vn tune

Post by Holden202T »

looks like its $DB, and my DB xdf seems to read it ok.
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: help reading vn tune

Post by The1 »

User avatar
V8hilux
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
Location: Inverell Northern NSW

Re: help reading vn tune

Post by V8hilux »

Thanks guys,

I grabbed that bin ID tool... very nice thanks and pat on the back for whoever made it..

I just opened up the bin in tp5 with the DB xdf It doesn't seem to have much stuff in it compared to the ose12p.

So if I wanted I could change whatever in the bin and then erase the eprom and then re save with the programer? seems simple enough, but the ose12p sure does make it easy with the realtime and all.

Thanks very much.
User avatar
Doctor Bob
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:58 pm
cars: VN, VT
Location: Melbourne Vic.

Re: help reading vn tune

Post by Doctor Bob »

its based on BDJH VP Clubsport 200kw
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10013
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: help reading vn tune

Post by antus »

The1 made it! :afro:
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: help reading vn tune

Post by The1 »

haha, not as good as Doctor Bob's one by the looks :mrgreen: :geek:
User avatar
Doctor Bob
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:58 pm
cars: VN, VT
Location: Melbourne Vic.

Re: help reading vn tune

Post by Doctor Bob »

i still id most of them in a hex editor... hard to break old habits.

Rob