GEN ID PROM, SEQ CHECK, PROG ID

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
User avatar
krusty
Posts: 572
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:45 am
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid
Location: Melbourne, VIC

GEN ID PROM, SEQ CHECK, PROG ID

Post by krusty »

Just wondering if the GEN ID PROM, SEQ CHECK, PROG ID are vehicle/ ecm specific?

I want to writ a different base tune to a spare memcal I have and try it on the car tomorrow but am unsure about the way to do it.

I know with Kalmaker each ecm/ ecu has its own individual identification and am guessing that this is just a revamp of what GM/ Holden has on there to start with.

What do I need to do to run a car that's been running on AFTZ and now want to run it on BDJH for exa,ple?
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: GEN ID PROM, SEQ CHECK, PROG ID

Post by Holden202T »

pretty much vn/vp are all good.

if its vr code then you usually need to change the program id to AA (bypass checksum) if the tune is changed and also disable vats