I am running a holden vp v8.
Assuming I earth the diagnostic and set the distributer timing at 10 degrees BTDC,
Does that mean when I am adjusting spark timing maps in ose12p, that the spark advance in each cell is the actual timing delivered from TDC or does it mean that the timing in each cell is added to the already 10 degrees advance on the distributer.?
thanks
ignition timing question
-
V8hilux
- Posts: 289
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
- cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
- Location: Inverell Northern NSW
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: ignition timing question
Its the actual degrees, plus or minus a little for temperature correction and warmup.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396