new to tuning

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
gbonola
cars: vu commodore ute

new to tuning

Post by gbonola »

Hi, i'm new to ecu tuning, still learning the langauge, downloaded tunerpro5 rt and flash tool, connecting to vu v6 ute flash tools connects ok but tp5 keeps shutting down on start up, getting frustrated, running windows 7 32bit, has anybody got and idears, much app, thanks. george.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: new to tuning

Post by VL400 »

For a VU you cant use RT so make sure the plugin is not used - select TunerPro data aquisition in the preferences. The bus chatter might be causing the crash. Any error report or further info on the crash your getting?

You will need this ADX for logging if you dont have it already .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=725
gbonola

Post by gbonola »

thanks for that, its works. now i can start playing.
gbonola

Post by gbonola »

have been playing with my vu on Data Aquasition and noticed the transmission data is all over the place, even with the ign on eng off, any idears what i'm doing wrong. do i need an emulator hardware for vu-vx. thanks :?:
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Have fixed the ADX as it appears to not work on the later TP versions, download v1.04 and give it a shot :thumbup:
gbonola

Post by gbonola »

Great, thanks have down loaded new version will test tomorrow. :thumbup: Also does tp5 need an emulator or is it part of the program. Sorry for being such a novis.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

for your car just use the build in data aquisition interface ..... only really need the plugin for ose $12P
gbonola

Post by gbonola »

Tried that but keeps thowing out of tp5, got it to work on tuner pro emulation but comes up with message "bin is larger than emulation ram perhaps you to use bank 8? continue at own risk". can the emulation ram be increased. :?: Also downloaded adx file to fix transmission data fault, which works fine but logs fault dtc92-low fan communication failure. Engine light goes off once system is disconnected, any idears. thanks
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

no you cant use any emulation features with the flash based pcm... so just pretend those contorls dont exist. youneed to download bin with flash tool, open bin in tunerpro, edit, then go back to flashtool and reflash. the only conneciton you can make to your pcm with tuneprro is to log.
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

The Check engine light will come on when you are logging because the PCM and BCM can't communicate as they usually would. the low speed fan is connected to the BCM, the PCM asks the BCM to turn it on or off and the BCM replies to the PCM telling it if everything is ok. when the PCM doesn't receive these replies from the BCM it sets DTC 92