VQ Statesman BCM (I know its not delco but.....)

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
ev351

VQ Statesman BCM (I know its not delco but.....)

Post by ev351 »

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone has any info on this BCM. See Photos. Its obviously a Bosch, and its from a VQ Statesman. Everything works just fine, but you guessed it, the remotes are dead. Which is a shame really. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a replacement remote(s) ? The car is in Immaculate condition, so it would be nice if it was possible to find some genuine remotes to go with it, but if there is no other option, can I use one of those learning remotes with these or are they code hopping? Oh, i forgot to mention, one remote works, so i can copy it if its possible. Apart from that, any info or help would be appreciated.
Attachments
photo4.JPG
photo4.JPG (59.77 KiB) Viewed 6167 times
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (115.79 KiB) Viewed 6167 times
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Re: VQ Statesman BCM (I know its not delco but.....)

Post by vn5000 »

Ive got a vn v8 calais that has the factory alarm , antitheft module ,and i had the same problem.
I got a remocon learning remote and it works better than the genuine remote .With the genuine remote you had to be no more than 2 metres form the car for it to work ,but with the remocon i can be 10 m away and it works .It also has 4 channels so it can be used to open the boot as well. :thumbup:
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

The faults with keys like that are almost always pretty straight forward. The ICs dont usually die, usually a bit of a clean, perhaps a re-solder, and somtimes a new resonator for the clocking signal to the IC is usually all they need. If you wanted to keep the originals you could probably find a TV electronics repair place that can fix it up. The faulty one probably wouldnt even need reprogramming.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
ev351

Post by ev351 »

Thanks for that, I guess your right, they most likely are not too hard to repair. Can you tell me, does that particular BCM incorporate the FR reciever for the keys? It doesnt really look like it does... theres no antenna or any circuitry that I would have thought was RF related... Im most likely wrong of course.
You mentioned reprogramming,, do you know if its possible to program other remotes that i have lying around to work with this BCM?

Ev.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

is it as simple as a new battery ?
fjwb
cars: FJ Holden V6 supercharged

Post by fjwb »

The car the subject to this thread belongs to a friend of mine, after calling ev he posted here for me in the hope we could get some info.
The bcm pictured is the original that has been removed from the car, neither remote worked (no not battery problem). I swapped it out with another bcm and remote I had which solved the problem. Solving that problem created the next problem of only having one remote. The owner of the car wants two remotes (the car is pristine and has been owned since new).
Having formerly worked at a Holden dealership I know that the remotes from the lower spec cars were something we used to send away to mongoose to have duplicated. These ones were different, these remotes were programmed using tech 1 and a dedicated body module cartridge plugged into tech1. The correct remotes are apparently still available from Gmh. The problem now seems that 21 years no one at the dealerships have the knowledge or desire to programme one. I used to have free access to the tech1 or tech2 and a short while ago could have done this myself, buy my connections are now gone. Which leads me to ask is it a simple task of programming a learning remote or is this system a bit more complicated than that, with the bcm being very similar in appearance and pin outs to a later vr-vs style bcm and the key having a similar programming method to the later cars?
Apples

Post by Apples »

If I remember correctly they cant be programed they are ordered using the number on the sticker on a chip in side the remote then tuned to the car using a plastic screw driver. ( holden advised us not to use metal screw driver when tuning to car ?)
All I can remember is you didnt order then from parts they came directly from bosch.
I hope this helps
Don't make excuses. Make more horsepower.
GM Tech

Post by GM Tech »

You can program these with tech 1 using a body cartridge. Both remotes have to be programmed together for them to work.
Apples

Post by Apples »

dam forgot about that body cartridge crap the only cartridge we never used and was left out of the case.
I think you may be right on that one.
you will be lucky to find a dealer who still has all the cartridges / find them all.
Don't make excuses. Make more horsepower.
fjwb
cars: FJ Holden V6 supercharged

Post by fjwb »

I have now found out that the factory remotes were deleted in 2008, so there is no stock of them. That rules out getting a new factory remote. Anyone know if good second hand ones can be re coded to the car with tech1 or do they have to be new ones? I know vr onwards are single use.
Mister minit have a picture if this remote in their catalogue, and can duplicate it, so I'm guessing it's just a learning remote?