new to this and need advise

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
wouxun
cars: 2003 HSV Clubsport VY series 2

new to this and need advise

Post by wouxun »

Hey all, This is my first post here so go easy on me.

I have a brand new laptop i wanted to use in my 2003 hsv clubsport vy series 2 for tinkering etc. i am most interested at this stage at removing the artificial soft speed limiter at 245km/h I need to know what software hardware etc i need to accomplish this. im an electronics tech so lingo is ok. although i dont understand everything on here. i believe my bcm/pcm is flash based meaning live tuning is available. Also can i change the differential ratio i would like to buy a shorter diff for better acceleration but this will obviously throw out the speedo? also logging,error codes etc would be good.

If you guys can let me know what to look at that would be awesome.

Cheers in advance.

oh yeah the engine is ls1 if any confusion.

Cheers
wouxun
cars: 2003 HSV Clubsport VY series 2

Re: new to this and need advise

Post by wouxun »

hi all again. Still no replies on this as to where I need to be looking? also sorry for spelling advice incorrectly in my heading. just noticed that.

Cheers again

Wouxun ;)
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

At the moment there is no free plugin tuning solution to tuning LS1's, your going to need to either remove and socket the flash chip and reprogram it out of the PCM (and work out where everything is in the bin) or buy a commercial package :thumbdown: The first hurdle for DIY is finding a cheap OBDII interface that supports large frames for reprogramming. The cheap ELM327 interface can log data and view DTCs but thats about all. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopi ... =10&t=1320
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

At this stage I'd say efilive with the GM option will suit you well, but its pricey. Check their site for details. Flash based means with the right hardware and software you can upload a new tune, but its not suitable for real-time. I have heard of custom OS that copies tables to ram for realtime, but I don't have any details on those.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

antus wrote: I have heard of custom OS that copies tables to ram for realtime, but I don't have any details on those.
HP Tuners Custom OS has that but its doubles the cost of a single vehicle license. It only does a few tables, VE, spark and idle airflow from memory. Theres a noticable delay before the changes upload so its not quite like when you use a NVRAM conversion or Emulator but better than nothing...