Ok here's the problem I have a VR V8 exec and the auto died on me so i've bough a manual conversion but i did'nt get a wiring loom with it. After a bit of searching i've realised how rare they are and damn expensive too. After a fair bit of reading of this forum I've decided not to use the auto loom and computer, i don't like the idea of the computer not getting a reading from the VSS.
I've seen a few people mention that they should use a loom from a VN/VP V8 which is good cause i have a spare one and an 808 hanging around in my spare parts collection. Also when i bought the conversion i was given a VS V8 manual computer service no. 16206305. Where I'm starting to get a bit confused is am I able to use the VS computer with a VN loom after doing some re pinning? Or should i use the 808 with a conversion board? Bear in the mind the car is just a daily and i'm not chasing performance i just want it to drive and behave like a stock manual car.
Finally if i do have to do some re-pinnig of the loom is there any diagrams alvaliable of what i have to change and where it goes?
Sorry for all the questions guys, but some help or advice would be greatly appreciated.