Aftermarket ecu in a vt v6

Wiring diagrams and questions
Jervies
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:35 am
cars: Vt v6 wiith a gt35/40 turbo e85 399rwkw
Mazda e2000 with a cammed vx ecotec motor
Location: Victoria

Aftermarket ecu in a vt v6

Post by Jervies »

I'm trying to hook up a wolf 3d computer to my vt but I want to retain my original ecu also. I'm just not sure as to weather I can run both computers uniliseing the 1 sensor or will it stuff with the readings? The wolf 3d is a vn plugin ecu by the way
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Aftermarket ecu in a vt v6

Post by antus »

VN and VT are very different (MAP vs MAF). Why do you want to run the Wolf? There is probably a better way to do it.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Jervies
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:35 am
cars: Vt v6 wiith a gt35/40 turbo e85 399rwkw
Mazda e2000 with a cammed vx ecotec motor
Location: Victoria

Re: Aftermarket ecu in a vt v6

Post by Jervies »

It's got low impedance injector drivers, wastegate controller and a handpiece so I can do small alterations on the fly. I'm going to be running 25psi boost and it's already got a kalmaker tune on it from my old setup but I'll probably sell that as I can do the running my self. Also because I have the ecu already lol
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Aftermarket ecu in a vt v6

Post by VL400 »

Things like the IAT and CTS will need to install a second sensor and you will have to mask some error codes on the VT PCM.

Would a kalmaker mafless setup be a better/easier option? Other than low impedance injector driver it keeps everything happy. Can get some pretty big high impedance Deka's though.
Jervies
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:35 am
cars: Vt v6 wiith a gt35/40 turbo e85 399rwkw
Mazda e2000 with a cammed vx ecotec motor
Location: Victoria

Re: Aftermarket ecu in a vt v6

Post by Jervies »

It's already a got a kalmaker 3bar mafless tune. I already have this stuff is why I'm trying to work with it. The low impedance injectors are for a e85 tune. I'm going to get it running with the standard computer first then switch it all over when I get it tuned. It's just much cheaper to get the wolf tuned and have the ability to have street tune with low boost and a race tune with medium boost and e85 tune with huge boost. The wolf can store dual maps and I have the hand piece so I can pull boost and timing for the street. Iv done abit of studying on the wiring diagrams and I think I may be able to hook it up parrarell and just disconect the stuff off the delco when I get it tuned. Then I just have to swap ecus to a standard with some tunepro mods to it
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Aftermarket ecu in a vt v6

Post by antus »

I dont think it will be cheaper with the wolf, because it wont work with your dash or ignition (AFAIK). You will open a can of worms if you do that. Since you allready have kalmaker, you would be best to find a tuner who can work with that which will run everything else in your car. You dont really want a tune that runs reduced timing because that'll burn the same amount of fuel for less power and cost you because of that. You best off running optimal timing and controlling the power with your right foot. It could turn in to a religeous war, so do whatever you want... but the wolf wont run the holden sequential ignition module, or the dash.. so be prepared for the trouble that'll create if you decide to try for it.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Jervies
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:35 am
cars: Vt v6 wiith a gt35/40 turbo e85 399rwkw
Mazda e2000 with a cammed vx ecotec motor
Location: Victoria

Re: Aftermarket ecu in a vt v6

Post by Jervies »

I'm keeping the original computer for the dash stuff and trans control, iv ran a separate harness for the low impedance injectors and some extra wires so I can couble up on sensors if I have to. The wolf has a 3 wire output for the injectors
User avatar
krusty
Posts: 572
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:45 am
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Re: Aftermarket ecu in a vt v6

Post by krusty »

There are plenty of big flow high impedance injectors. Try tough car parts for some ID1200 equivalents maybe

If you already have a kalmaker 3 BAR tune on there it mat be cheaper to buy the W86 software bundle for your self. You got balls to learn to tune on a set up like that like that though
Jervies
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:35 am
cars: Vt v6 wiith a gt35/40 turbo e85 399rwkw
Mazda e2000 with a cammed vx ecotec motor
Location: Victoria

Re: Aftermarket ecu in a vt v6

Post by Jervies »

So is there a vt xdf with all of the auto controlls on it as the one i used on ny van had very limited auto adjustments. Cheers
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Aftermarket ecu in a vt v6

Post by Holden202T »

I haven't personally done much with the VT but alot of the newer model stuff are what you see is what you get at the moment, there just hasn't been alot of people developing them yet i guess. i did a VS V8 S3 (which is pretty much the vt driveline) and it seemed to have all the trans stuff in it i needed, but im not sure if newer xdf's at like it or not.