308 EFI in ski boat

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
zac70
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:28 am

308 EFI in ski boat

Post by zac70 »

Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of converting a carby to EFI using a VS inlet manifold, sensors, wiring loom etc. I haven't purchased an ECU yet, (not sure which way to go) It's in a ski boat which won't have an O2 sensor, speed sensor, auto trans connections and will require the security removing from the ECU.

How much is involved in turning the security and unused sensors off?

VN/VP or VR/VS ecu? Will a VN/VP ecu plug into the VS harness?

I would like to do real time tuning and then burn a final chip. I currently don't have any hardware (again unsure which way to go) although the TunerproRT software looks good.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)
GONZO
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:53 am

Re: 308 EFI in ski boat

Post by GONZO »

I would sugest using a VN-VP 808 ECU. You could either modify the (I assume you have a VS auto harness?) plugs on your harness or de-pin your current plugs and re-pin the VP plugs to suit the 808.

VP has no probs with security.

VSS isn't an issue, just need to make it think it is in neutral. No problems with trans control either.