The car is a very early series 3 1998 VS Commodore Ute, with the 5.0ltr.
Apart from suspension and exhaust, it's completely standard.
The ECU says 16176424 on it, and the memcal says CKUN.
For along time, (actually, since we first bought it) it's had a cold start hesitation, and random no-starts.
The no-starts are only solved by forcing a clearflood mode (100% throttle) as you crank the engine.
If you don't 100% throttle, it'll just crank till the battery dies, like there's no spark or no fuel.
So, I thought I'd better learn some diagnostic skills, and see what the ECU is doing.
My old man bought me an ebay ALDL cable. This one - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/USB-ALDL-Dia ... 2ec0b6b712
It came with EFILive V4 Eval version, (which I haven't got to work properly yet)
I can get it talking, but no live dash values, not even in the sensor item list.
In tunerpro, I tried running the adx file - 16176424.adx
(which I found in delcowizzid's adx thread)
I worked out how to create a virtual dashboard, and some monitoring graphs etc.
(I'm still learning on the history tables section)
Tunerpro finds the cable, and verifies that everything is ok.
When I try to connect to the vehicle, the gauges just bounce. I can see the proper values displayed for split seconds, when the bounces occur, but nothing more.
No proper live values display in the item lists either.
Is it me, the cable, or the car?