Hi all,
I'm wiring up the O2 wideband to the 808 ECU.
I know it has to go into the pin D8, my issue is finding an un used pin to remove and use.
According to the wiring diagram D3 is not used, however in my set up the wire coming out of D3 is spliced with the wire going into D1. As far as I'm aware this is an earth cable. Does anyone see any reason why I can't remove the splicing and only have earth to D1 and use the Pin from D3 to put into D8 as my O2 wire?
thanks,
adam
O2 wiring pin
-
inj gtr202
- Posts: 159
- Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:24 pm
- cars: LC GTR Torana
1982 FJ40
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: O2 wiring pin
I wouldn't be removing the earths personally.
if you want a pin with some length of wire on it PM me and i'd be happy to send you one or two, i bastardise dodgy looms for this very fact
also i believe your near Antus ? he might be able to help you out more locally.
if you want a pin with some length of wire on it PM me and i'd be happy to send you one or two, i bastardise dodgy looms for this very fact
also i believe your near Antus ? he might be able to help you out more locally.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
inj gtr202
- Posts: 159
- Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:24 pm
- cars: LC GTR Torana
1982 FJ40
Re: O2 wiring pin
Thanks,
I'm about to see if I can hook up the ecu and the laptop again in an hour or 2.
If there are any signs of problems I'll be chasing up an extra pin to re- connect D3 to Earth (D1)
Adam
I'm about to see if I can hook up the ecu and the laptop again in an hour or 2.
If there are any signs of problems I'll be chasing up an extra pin to re- connect D3 to Earth (D1)
Adam
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: O2 wiring pin
I agree about earths. There are digital grounds and analog grounds and lack of ground quality can cause things to not work as well as they could and might not be immediately obvious. And I can spare a couple of pins from my bench harness if you need them.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
VK_3800
- Posts: 578
- Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am
- cars: SS Torana
- Location: NZ
Re: O2 wiring pin
I'm guessing its auto then? I normally steal the auto pins like TCC because all my cars have proper gearboxes
-
inj gtr202
- Posts: 159
- Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:24 pm
- cars: LC GTR Torana
1982 FJ40
Re: O2 wiring pin
supra 5 speed, so no auto.VK_3800 wrote:I'm guessing its auto then? I normally steal the auto pins like TCC because all my cars have proper gearboxes
I couldn't get TP to connect to my ecu, so I threw my old memcal in to see if it would run. It runs fine on the old memca,l so I didn't nuke the ecu with my soldering skills.
Gonna need some help setting this sucker up I think.
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: O2 wiring pin
First step is to make sure the NVRAM is working in the ECU. It was posted with 12P BLCF bin loaded on both banks. If you have the map_sw jumper installed there will be a blue light on the board when you turn the ignition on, if that LED stays on for ~2 seconds after turning the ignition off you likely have the RW wire installed correctly and the NVRAM is working.
Next step is to get the interface working. It should have been discovered by windows and assigned a virtual com port (in the instructions it shows how to get the port number). So to start with use the flashtool as there is less to setup, open it up and then in the preferences select "USB '808" in the vehicle presets and then the ECM com port from whatever windows said the virtual port was. Click ok and see if it connects by pressing the "Connect to ECM" button.
Next step is to get the interface working. It should have been discovered by windows and assigned a virtual com port (in the instructions it shows how to get the port number). So to start with use the flashtool as there is less to setup, open it up and then in the preferences select "USB '808" in the vehicle presets and then the ECM com port from whatever windows said the virtual port was. Click ok and see if it connects by pressing the "Connect to ECM" button.
-
inj gtr202
- Posts: 159
- Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:24 pm
- cars: LC GTR Torana
1982 FJ40
Re: O2 wiring pin
From the above the only thing I can confirm is that the blue LED lights up when I plug in into the laptop.VL400 wrote:First step is to make sure the NVRAM is working in the ECU. It was posted with 12P BLCF bin loaded on both banks. If you have the map_sw jumper installed there will be a blue light on the board when you turn the ignition on, if that LED stays on for ~2 seconds after turning the ignition off you likely have the RW wire installed correctly and the NVRAM is working.
Next step is to get the interface working. It should have been discovered by windows and assigned a virtual com port (in the instructions it shows how to get the port number). So to start with use the flashtool as there is less to setup, open it up and then in the preferences select "USB '808" in the vehicle presets and then the ECM com port from whatever windows said the virtual port was. Click ok and see if it connects by pressing the "Connect to ECM" button.
I didn't pay too much attention as to what happens when I turn the ignition on.
I didn't try and use the flashtool either.
Also windows didn't try and assign a port.
-
VK_3800
- Posts: 578
- Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am
- cars: SS Torana
- Location: NZ
Re: O2 wiring pin
With a manual I find the TCC pin is a good one to move in a VN wiring loom if you're running a later '082 or '305 ECM, I put it on the ALDL pin as its already wired to the diagnostic connector and nothing else (trans plug is disconnected with a manual). The other one I normally steal is the trans over temp I think...?
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: O2 wiring pin
If the drivers arnt loading then you'll need to sort that out. Did the laptop have a net connection when you tried it?
Otherwise, if its XP, install the appropriate driver from here then try again.
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm
Otherwise, if its XP, install the appropriate driver from here then try again.
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396