I moved onto the next stage and took the car for a drive to log some data and apart from stopping a couple of times to richen up the VE table everything went well.
When I got back home and re played the log file I noticed the speed indicated in the log was way off the mark. I got up to about 70km/h at one stage and the log in tunepro only said I got to 8km/h??
The car is a series 1 VN calais but used to be a V6. I dropped a 5L V8 from a series 2 VN in it and apart from a couple of plugs different near the computer everything dropped straight in.
The car is fitted with a Jaycar kit to correct the speedo as it has 3.7LSD in it. The speedo itself works perfectly and is very accurate.
I am guessing that if the log from tunepro is wrong then the ecu is getting the wrong speed input?
This normally wouldnt be a problem as it is not logging any fault codes that I know of but if the ecu is not reading the right speed then the torque converter will never lock??
This is a feature I would really love as the stall converter is 3500 and torque converter lockup will drop the rpm's a little on the highway.
Could the jaycar kit be causing problems to the ecu or could I be missing something else?
Thanks, Jon
