I pasted the spark table from an early 284 cam tune from this site into my $12p tune and noticed a few things that seemed a little odd to me. The table is commanding 40 deg under real light acceleration or deceleration and only a maximum of 25 deg under full throttle at 4800 rpm. I would have thought the 284 cam would have liked closer to 32 deg at WOT and and alot less advance very little pedal down? Am I getting this wrong?
The tune that I pinched the spark table from only went to 4800 rpm, thats why the rest of the table is still 20.04. I will change this later once I get my head around understanding this table.
Jon
Main spark Table crane 284
-
jon
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:01 am
- cars: VN calais 5L
VX SS - Location: Hoppers Crossing (Victoria)
Main spark Table crane 284
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
charlay86
- Posts: 586
- Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:00 am
- cars: VT S1 SS (L67)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Main spark Table crane 284
you can run a lot more advance under light load conditions due to the lower charge density producing a lower peak combustion pressure.
less fuel + air = less bang = lower chance of detonation
less fuel + air = less bang = lower chance of detonation
-
jon
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:01 am
- cars: VN calais 5L
VX SS - Location: Hoppers Crossing (Victoria)
Re: Main spark Table crane 284
That makes sense. 