Hi Guys/Girls,
New to the forum, Im Perth based and after some help.
I have a VN V8 running an 808 computer (also have spare ecu) and im in the process of going straight Gas Research (GRA) LPG and turbocharged.
System will be running modified twin line tank, twin B2 convertors, Single 480CFM GRA throttle, Rear Mount Turbo (GT35/40ish with .86ish A/R), Air Water Cooler
What is the best way/program/setup (Software/Hardware) to tune the ignition and do so live on the Dyno?
Can the injectors be turned off permanantly also because the entire fuel system will be getting removed.
I have read through the getting started links and I am quite mechanically minded, but when it come to ECU's and tuning I'm an absolute dud and getting very confused (wealth of knowledge on here, but just don't know where to start).
Basically i would like to learn how to tune with the various software/hardware available for the delco, but I really need someone to push me in the right direction. When the LPG system is fitted and being complianced It will be getting dynoed by my gas guy for the fuel side of things, and I would like to be able to live tune the igntion whilst it is also on the dyno.
Alternatively, I noticed while searching the forum that a member VP304 is running almost the identical setup to what I'm doing, am I best off asking if he would be happy to provide a copy of his tune as a base and tweaking it from there if required?
Please treat me like a newby/numpty because that is my level of skill with ecu's and I appreciate any and all help I receive.
NEWBY VN V8 TURBO - 808 for igntion timing only? Please Help
-
V8TURB0
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:22 am
- cars: HQ Panelvan
VS V8 Ute
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: NEWBY VN V8 TURBO - 808 for igntion timing only? Please
in the for sale section VL400 sells realtime hardware which is what you'll need to be able to tune live on the dyno.
can just not connect the injectors and that side of it will be fine.
i am running a GT35 on a 3.3ltr 6 so im inclined to think that it might be a bit small for a 5ltr ?
can just not connect the injectors and that side of it will be fine.
i am running a GT35 on a 3.3ltr 6 so im inclined to think that it might be a bit small for a 5ltr ?
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread