Just another Yank from the states here, searched far and wide on the US forums and have yet to find much info on this beast.
Service number is 16214848, uses a plug-in knock module #16196410, and is first-year OBD-II.
Came out of a 1996 USA Cadillac Deville with a Northstar V8.
I know it uses a Motorola MC68HC11F1 processor, and has an on-board A28F010 128Kx8 flash memory.
I have not yet pulled the flash to read it since I do not have a spare PCM and my friend doesn't want to risk any remote chance of damage till we have a spare PCM+dash that we can use for the swap we're planning. (The engine is going into an 88 Pontiac Firebird with a T5 trans
Most of the information I've found has been sparse, but it seems that it should follow the normal seed/key procedure for gaining escalated security access for reflash, once the algorithim has been figured out.
As far as an initial bootloader, I'm not sure whether the one you guys have coded up for the VX /VYwill be adaptable or if It'll need to be custom made.
To be upfront, the main impetus for opening this beast up is to disable the Passkey-II VATS system so we don't need to stuff the caddy dash cluster pcb and a resistor under the dash of the 88 Firebird the engine is going into...
Cadillac decided to not use a dedicated VATS module with a 50hz sig output, and instead put the resistor reader and starter relay enable circuitry into the cluster, and has it dump a "Passkey-II ok, continue to send in the petrol!" message over the actual Class2 J1850 bus when the correct resistor is read.
Tuning would really be secondary to actually getting the engine running and the auto trans code disabled, but there are plans for twin turbos and a beefier trans down the line.
I have an Tactrix OpenPort 2.0, Moates Ostrich, GQ4x prom/flash burner, logic analyzer, o-scope, a top-end actron code scanner, and a few other tools at my disposal including a full soldering station and hot air rework station.
I do have an ELM bluetooth adapter I can borrow from a friend if needed, or I can buy whatever is known working with the software available. Can never have enough tools...
Anyone who can help shed more light on this, please feel free to add your input if you want to.
Likewise, let me know if I can supply any information to help get this further along.
Hats off to all the hard working, talented, and dedicated petrol heads here!