Supercharged V6 MAP & MAF

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Supercharged V6 MAP & MAF

Post by charlay86 »

I would like to run both a MAF and a MAP (& mat) on my supercharged v6 VT.
Is this feasible electrically? ie is there any spare inputs on a VT PCM that would be appropriate?

My theory is that if we have both, the VE of the engine can calculated dynamically by the PCM for a known volume of the intake manifold.
since we know the mass of air going into the blower, and the mass of air in the manifold (with the help of the map & mat sensor), the difference between these two values should give us a pretty good idea of how much air is being consumed by the engine.

Plus it would be handy to know how hot the air im cramming into my engine is getting..
Holden202T

Re: Supercharged V6 MAP & MAF

Post by Holden202T »

as far as i am aware the only way to do MAP + MAF is with Kalmaker.....
charlay86

Post by charlay86 »

Doesn't Kalmaker still use the factory PCM though?

Obviously changes to the standard code would be necessary for my idea to work, but
Ultimately it would allow for a self tuning VE system, which would be keep the A/F ratio correct in most circumstances,
irrespective of boost pressure, manifold temps, huge cam.. etc =]

That is of course the problem of having only a MAF/MAP, it has no idea how much air is staked up in my manifold,
or perhaps I have a huge camshaft and a tiny supercharger pulley, the pressure may be the same but you have a lot more air moving into the cylinders.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

yeah, it does, and yes kalmaker has proven it can be done. there is no free solution currently available to do it but there is nothing stopping one from being created (except perhaps the time it will take!). Heres hoping someone with the skills will take up the idea.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
charlay86

Post by charlay86 »

Well that's good news, if Kalmaker can do it then surely we can figure it out.
:think: It's been a while since I have played with HC11's but I guess this would put those years of studying microprocessor systems to good use..
Time to get disassembling!
Anyone know a good (preferrably free) IDE for HC11s?