OBD2 listening software for elm327

Programs / Tools / Scripts
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

OBD2 listening software for elm327

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Seeing there is an awesome aldl listening software here, I was wondering if there's a similar thing for obd2?

I just got an elm327 1.5a & trying to listen in on process's going on when connected to pcm's
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: OBD2 listening software for elm327

Post by Charlescrown »

Mark Mansour from Tunerpro has written and ADX file for the elm327. I have used it and tried it for logging OBD2 and yes it works but I can't find it at the moment. I will have a good look tomorrow and hopefully post it here. Regards Dave
User avatar
durahax
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 5:00 pm
cars: 03 GMC Sierra 2500HD - LB7 Duramax Diesel
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: OBD2 listening software for elm327

Post by durahax »

I think the ADX is for logging PIDs, that's a bit different. You don't really need any special software, just open a serial connection to the elm and enter a few commands. Here's what I usually do...

AT Z [reset]

AT AL [allow long messages]

AT H1 [headers on]

AT MA [monitor all]

Have fun?

Also this is the terminal I was using for logging, works on elm too - http://www.scantool.net/scantool/downlo ... tnterm.exe
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: OBD2 listening software for elm327

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Thanks durahex,
That's a great starting point, sorry I knew the adx was no help should have replied!