Hi all been a while, after putting up with what I thought was just a dud aerial turns out to be my innovate a/f a gauge putting major static through my stereo.
Is a simple stereo filter box a simple solution I sure the stereo has one on it. I've never had to deal with this problem before?
A/F gauge stuffed my reception
-
darky82
- Posts: 129
- Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:35 am
- cars: Holden vs statesman
- Location: Sydney
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: A/F gauge stuffed my reception
Had the same problems with radio static and an mtxl, ended up just using a small ferrite bead (from an old TV I think it was) around the power feed near the gauge. No more static and the scope showed a massive reduction in spikes on the 12v power wire.
-
darky82
- Posts: 129
- Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:35 am
- cars: Holden vs statesman
- Location: Sydney
Re: A/F gauge stuffed my reception
Mmmm Ferrite bead hey, if I got to jar car will they know what I'm talking about?
Thanks for the quick reply.
Is this one here like you used?
Thanks for the quick reply.
Is this one here like you used?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
yoda69
- Posts: 1226
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
- cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual - Location: Geelong, VIC
Re: A/F gauge stuffed my reception
Should do, heaps of options:
http://search.jaycar.com.au/search?w=ferrite&view=list
http://search.jaycar.com.au/search?w=ferrite&view=list
-
darky82
- Posts: 129
- Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:35 am
- cars: Holden vs statesman
- Location: Sydney
Re: A/F gauge stuffed my reception
Great thank you, appreciate it.
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: A/F gauge stuffed my reception
I used one like LF1294 but something like LO1238 also works. Just wrap the wire through a couple of times.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: A/F gauge stuffed my reception
I get massive interference from the factory cruise control.
putting huge load on the charging system seems to fix my problem, i.e. holding down electric window buttons or having all lights and demister on works lol.
can add a capacitor to the radio power feed should fix it. common factory fix on many old cars.
putting huge load on the charging system seems to fix my problem, i.e. holding down electric window buttons or having all lights and demister on works lol.
can add a capacitor to the radio power feed should fix it. common factory fix on many old cars.