holden 304 EFI DFI conversion?

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
fjwb
cars: FJ Holden V6 supercharged

holden 304 EFI DFI conversion?

Post by fjwb »

Has anyone played with the EFI 304 and deleted the distributor, used a crank sensor or at least used the dizzy as a trigger for coil per cylinder ignition? If so how did you go about it and were the results worth the effort?
Holden202T

Re: holden 304 EFI DFI conversion?

Post by Holden202T »

i haven't actually done it on a 304 but i have done it on a straight 6 and it would be the same process, it required VL400's aftermarket ignition module, it uses a 36 - 1 trigger wheel on the crank and then drives 6 LS2 individual coils in wasted spark arrangement, and could be sequential fire if i had a cam trigger.

there is a bung in the dizzy hole and its been working flawlessly since installed!

you could do it on a v8 with either a trigger wheel bolted to the balancer or you could also get slots cut into the balancer and do it that way if you preferred. as with above you'd need a cam sensor to get sequential firing of the coils, but if you were happy with waste spark would only need the crank sensor.
delcowizzid

Re: holden 304 EFI DFI conversion?

Post by delcowizzid »

theres one v8 on here using cadilac northstar dis and duel crank sensors
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem