RJ45 Most Comon wiring T568?

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

RJ45 Most Comon wiring T568?

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I'm just wiring up a couple of cat5 ethernet cables & all the other cables I have are configured to T568b but the world wide web says that T568a is more common can they be used in conjunction (if wiring lots of points) is 1 better than the other for any reason?

TIA for any advice VX L67 Getrag
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: RJ45 Most Comon wiring T568?

Post by vlad01 »

both are the same in the way it works. just 2 pair colors are swapped at both ends.

Even if you have one end as A and the other end as B it will still work as most network devices and NIC auto negotiate TX and RX lines. Though both ends should be the same unless making a cross over cable from PC to PC where the NICs cant auto negotiate.

I use A standard
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: RJ45 Most Comon wiring T568?

Post by Holden202T »

yeah opt for one or the other and make them all the same, you'll be right then!
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: RJ45 Most Comon wiring T568?

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Thanks for the replies, because I have already started using b I guess I'll keep using that throughout!


Thanks again!
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10015
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: RJ45 Most Comon wiring T568?

Post by antus »

Both are used out in the 'real world' so as said above pick one and stick with it.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396