Have I maxxed out the 044 pump?

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
User avatar
V8hilux
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
Location: Inverell Northern NSW

Have I maxxed out the 044 pump?

Post by V8hilux »

Hi,

turbo 383 Holden hits the wall at high 4,000 rpms. I closed the plug gaps to 0.028 thou, and done a couple of easy 2nd gear roll on boost runs and recorded the logs.

I have commanded 11.1 AFR at 200kpa but getting 14+ and the boost multiplier table is maxxed I think, and the boost ve table is maxxed out as well. injector duty cycle is saying 68 odd % but the base pulse width is only saying 8ms ? :wtf:

What am I doing wrong here? is the pump not keeping up or can I do something to make the injectors open longer?

can someone have a look at the short log file to see if I'm missing something.

they are 80lb siemens injectors which should be at 0.039 kinjflo but for some reason I need to go with .47 to make the 0-100kpa ve table not max out? not sure there. goes fine till i hits 170 kpa. I'm looking at fitting a 3 bar map sensor so I can try upping the boost some more but not having much luck getting enough juice in there as it is.
maxfuel.xdl


This is the log that works with ose12p v111 and the petrol adx and the 123bar xdf
with the blcf v8 bin.

whats the propper way to post a log file on here?

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by V8hilux on Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
V8hilux
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
Location: Inverell Northern NSW

Re: Have I maxxed out the 044 pump?

Post by V8hilux »

hiluxgoodsep.bin
OSE_$12PV111_2BAR - Petrol.adx
OSE12P V111 - 1,2 and 3 bar.xdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Have I maxxed out the 044 pump?

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

With log's it would be hard to say I think, your best bet would be to put a pressure gauge on the fuel line & do a load run & see what it goes to!
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: Have I maxxed out the 044 pump?

Post by Jayme »

regarding injector flow. you have to take into account the cylinder displacement. my rough calcs say it needs to be at least 0.044 (19lb / 80lb) * 0.15 = 0.035625 if it was a 304
then 383 / 304 * 0.035625 = 0.04488

I would say your injector flow value is fine. you neeeed to be putting a guage on it and tuck it under your windscreen wiper, stab it and see if the pressure drops. I agree that is more than likely what is happening. AFR drops off quickly once you have maxxed flow.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Have I maxxed out the 044 pump?

Post by delcowizzid »

the ecu is not commanding anymore fuel once it hits full boost but d/c is 60% heaps more left change injector constant untill 99ve =90%d/c
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Have I maxxed out the 044 pump?

Post by The1 »

i could run 5x 100lb injectors @ 100% Duty Cycle on the bench with a 044 just over 3bar so should do 80lb fine to 3bar.
User avatar
V8hilux
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
Location: Inverell Northern NSW

Re: Have I maxxed out the 044 pump?

Post by V8hilux »

Thanks guys,

I just changed the kinjflow from 0.047 to 0.0591
Then changed the whole 0-100kpa table a bit and done a quick 2nd gear hit and afr appeared to dip into the 10's glancing over at the wideband so looks like I can squeeze a bit more juice in now. Just need to re do the tables etc.

Thanks.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Have I maxxed out the 044 pump?

Post by Holden202T »

if your not using a rising rate regulator you'll probably need to play with inj flow to get it rich enough on boost ..... my brothers V6 is using almost the same inj rate to get enough fuel in on 16psi!
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Have I maxxed out the 044 pump?

Post by delcowizzid »

stock regs are rising rate 1:1 with boost.the unfilled catfac table makes not enough fuel under boost.everyone knows i follow the numbers pretty damn exact on the injector constant and allways use the catfac boost table.the first and most major rule i learnt and ive allways tried to follow dont lie to the ecu or fudge things.which generally equals sexy looking perfect torque curve shaped VE tables from 30kpa to 200kpa.what i can tell you is this is a lot easier if you are using sensors in stock locations with stock base tune settings.the moment you move to a different engine IE the 202 turbo im playing with all the stock settings for catfac etc are way out and hard to get inline street tuning hence why im just on a mission to locate all my coolant and IAT sensors in more of a vn v6 stock location IAT in 1 runner right near the head so its back to getting heat soaked at idle like the tune is all setup for and slowly loosing heat as airflow increases.ive also moved the coolant sensor out of the head from between hot exhaust ports into the thermostat housing for more steady readings as it messes with repeatable test hits with repeatable A/F ratios
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
V8hilux
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
Location: Inverell Northern NSW

Re: Have I maxxed out the 044 pump?

Post by V8hilux »

I've always had trouble with the engine going lean when hot. I'd fiddled with so many settings i forget what I'd done so yesterday I downloaded another copy of ose12p so I can start again with a stock tune and go from there.

The first thing I wanted to do was get the scaler "map A run AF/Param Displacement/inj flow rate" set up so I went to my trusty "kinjflow calculator spreadsheat" off here and entered the data:

lb/hr 85 (the injectors are 80lbers but supposed to be 870cc/minute so 85 makes the cc/m cell read 870 where I think it should be. entering 80lb makes the cc/min table read 820cc/min which I think is wrong.]

then I entered cylinder size of 0.784 litres (383 stroker}

fuel weight (petrol] 0.737

The kinjflow calculator spreadsheet spits out the data of:

10.70 grams/second
and the kinjflow number of 0.037

I have always had to enter about 0.050 or thereabouts to not max out the 0-100 ve table.

THEN!!!!

I looked over at the other side of the kinjflow spreadsheet and saw "injection pulses per cycle" and it said 2.???

I changed that to 1 because I think I am running single pulse in the flags.

Another cell in the spreadsheet says: "BPC" and gives a number of 0.073

interestingly, when I divide my cylinder size of 0.784 by grams second 10.70 in with my calculator it also says 0.073 ???

Is that the number I am supposed to use in my "run AF/param displacement.grams sec" table?

So anyway, I changed my injector constant to 0.073, set the 2 bar flag, divided the crank pulse by 2, changed the injector tables to match holden 202's post somewhere on here and uploaded it and hit the key.

It started after a short wind and I started a log recording and left it idle for around half an hr.

I was watching the wideband, pulsewidth ms, mat, coolant temp, batt volts. sure enough it slowle went leaner....and leaner, once the mat sensor was up to 114 degrees I was up to 16,17 AFR. Interestingly at the same time I could see the volts dropping from 13.2 and going down to 12.8. AND the idle pulse width also was going down slowly progressively getting leaner and leaner.

It dawn'd on me that this is the problem I've had all along with running lean when hot. A combination of volt drop and incorrect injector tables. as I was watching the log, towards the end after I could see the pattern, I changed the volts/injector tables even more than holden 202's post for these 80lb injectors. I think I went to 1.2 at 12 volts and the AFR instantly richened.

I think by spending more time on those few tables I can completely fix my 2 year long saga of running lean when hot. (i'd been fudging the charge temp inverse temperature term table to read "1" from 70 degrees and up as it seemed to richen the mixture when hot

anyway back to the kinjflow table/injector constant or whatever it's called..... does 0.073 sound right? I gave it a quick boost and it shot down to 10 or so afr. so looking promising.

I am re doing everything and I just need to go to town and get another 100 litres of juice to keep working on it. yes, she sucks the juice! :rant:

Thanks.