Help with a VS PCM

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
BARBS
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:56 am
cars: LJ Torana
Injected, Turbo, NO2, 186

Help with a VS PCM

Post by BARBS »

Hi all,

I have just purchased a delco PCM and loom etc to put on my Holden 186 and I need some help with the parts I am required to buy. The part number on the PCM is 16199728. It is running a VS LPG memcal.

I plan on running a boosted application up to 3 bar using a MAP sensor and no MAF can I do this with this PCM? The hardware and software guide leads me to believe I have to run a MAF?
If I can use this PCM as above what NVRAM and what interface do I need to install to do so? I have the 6HDD transmission also.

I only ask as all of the tutorials etc I look at don't mention the specific PCM I have and I do not want to get this wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Mark
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: Help with a VS PCM

Post by TdracerTd »

Pretty sure that vs pcm is maf only unless you go kalmaker.
BARBS
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:56 am
cars: LJ Torana
Injected, Turbo, NO2, 186

Re: Help with a VS PCM

Post by BARBS »

Thats what I thought might be the case.
Will the VR PCM operate the 6HDD gearbox and run a MAP only setup?
Are the wiring looms the same between the VS and the VR?
User avatar
krusty
Posts: 572
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:45 am
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Re: Help with a VS PCM

Post by krusty »

808 ecu from a VN or similar on $12p will be the go
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Help with a VS PCM

Post by delcowizzid »

If you want to run the auto and map need Vr auto ecu and loom and the ose $11p code off here.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
BARBS
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:56 am
cars: LJ Torana
Injected, Turbo, NO2, 186

Re: Help with a VS PCM

Post by BARBS »

Thanks Delcowizzid.

Will the VR auto ecu work with the 6HDD auto from the VS?

I assume with the VR auto ecu i have to buy the ECM NAVRAM and the ALDL comms.

Or am i better off sticking with the ECU I have and run a 512g/sec MAF? Keeping in mind I want to run up to 3 bar boost,
What would be a suitable MAF for this application?

thanks
0081(2)
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:59 am
cars: VY commodore supercharged V6
Location: Sydney

Re: Help with a VS PCM

Post by 0081(2) »

If you keep the maf you can run The1 enhanced code with a ls6 maf.
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Help with a VS PCM

Post by VL400 »

BARBS wrote:Will the VR PCM operate the 6HDD gearbox and run a MAP only setup?
Yeah it can, the VR auto PCM (or '424) was used in VS V8 auto vehicles. 11P has been used on both VR and VS, it can control the PWM TCC solenoid.
BARBS
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:56 am
cars: LJ Torana
Injected, Turbo, NO2, 186

Re: Help with a VS PCM

Post by BARBS »

Thanks VL400. I have managed to find a ecu and loom locally for $50. Ill pick it up today and once I hear back from antus in regards to modding the ecu its all systems go.