My mate rings me up and tells me his VE SSV will not unlock with the remote key.
He unlocked it this morning to move the car onto the lawn to get his Harley out and go for a ride.
Later this arvo he went to unlock it to go to the shops and nothing....He unlocked the door with the key and the anti theft horn went off.
He rings me to tell me what happened and I said have you tried starting it and he said not yet because of the horn going off.
He asked if the remote could have a dead battery and I said yes but doubt since it worked fine this morning.I told him the RF module is under the parcel shelf.
I just said stick the key in the ignition and see if it starts,but he wanted me to come over but I said I was about to go for a ride on my Hardley Davidson = Suzuki Boulevard
We left it at that.
A couple of hours later I drove to his place in my VF SV6 and parked in his driveway behind his car (he obviously got his going) walked towards his front door as I was locking my car with my remote and nada,zilch,nothing....my car wouldn't lock!
He opened his front door and I said have you seen any aliens around here? WTF was his reply as I was trying to lock my car with my remote.
He thought I was joking and handed him my keys with no luck either.
I said looks like you got yours running and he said yeah after I told him where the RF module was,he walked up to the rear of the window and it unlocked and off he went.
Mine finally locked when I walked right next to the fuel flap.
We both had to practically touch the cars with the remotes to get them to work. One step away and nothing.He parks in the driveway all the time and so do I when I visit.
All I could think of was the power lines or heat (32deg day) interfering with the signal.
Mine worked fine when I got home.