Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
ralcool
cars: VK L67 T5
VQ V8 W55
Kawasaki 750turbo

Re: VK T5 L67

Post by ralcool »

antus is right again.

So after experimenting with a HC-05 module... I have learnt how to connect to it, use puTTy on PC, and talk via Blueterm on Android.

Plenty of searching for answers shows that .. No, the BT does NOT support 8192baud.

The only solution is to make a baud rate converter. I am looking at a few options since my coding skills are pretty weak.

One is a software serial converter possibly using a ATtiny85, it has dual timers, and there is existing code I can modify for a single bi-directional lane.
There is sufficient pins to support another lane.

The other is a dual uart ATmega.. either way, a ring buffer will be required... its overkill, but cheap, and can do two channels. Probably easier.

I've ordered one of each, I plan on doing some other Arduino projects anyway so I'm happy to muck around. :typist:

Cheers!
ralcool
cars: VK L67 T5
VQ V8 W55
Kawasaki 750turbo

Re: VK T5 L67

Post by ralcool »

In some areas I've been lazy... almost, got some code for the BT project... but can't be bother to play for now. Other life shit.

Instead was the starter motor replacement and delete of the balance shaft gear program. Turned out the bad starter was actually a slightly loose and dirty engine ground cable terminal on the engine. Fresh as it was when I installed it only a few months ago. :evil:

I put a multimeter between the engine block and the battery gnd to see if I had a bad connection under load. Yes it did, indicating a voltage drop showing a bad connection or cable inline. Cleaned and sorted, and all is good.

Since the rebuild, the engine has had a small knocking sound most noticeable at idle and cold. I decided to try and exempt the balance shaft.
The rear balance shaft bearing wasn't replaced on advise from the machine shop and its condition has left me sleepless.

So yesterday I removed its drive gear. On the next edit, I'll find the camera and upload the few photos. About 4hrs to remove the timing case etc.
IMG_7558s.jpg
Much smoother, no new noticeable vibrations yet... if anything it revs happier and has a slightly new growl at the magic 3000-5000rpm.
We threw down about 350km on a lovely run to see the in-laws today.. everything ran perfectly- and we towed the 7x5 trailer to pick up a new couch.

Cheers!