So trying to see what people are using to link bf onwards fords & ve v6 onwards commodores?
I have snap-on scan tools & with both above mentioned models they don't support linking saying it's manufacturer only, but there has to be other options?
For GM guessing could use a tech2 or MDI or mongoose with tis access, then told ford needs a passthru device & G7 access, what other tools/software or hardware is being used out there?
2005 onwards controller linking
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
-
ejukated
- Posts: 426
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am
Re: 2005 onwards controller linking
you can use efilive for the E40, E38 ECMs I think HPT can do it too. No one has it enabled for the Alloytec ECMs tho.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: 2005 onwards controller linking
Yeah I was pretty sure on that too, I edited it just after I posted adding in the v6 factor for commodore, I'm 99% sure hpt does it for v8 & not sure on ve v6 but know for sure it doesn't do bf I6!
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: 2005 onwards controller linking
I use tech2 and tis for gm, ids and subscription for ford, they are the only 'do it all' tools. The costs of subscriptions is crap 
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: 2005 onwards controller linking
Yeah thats what I thought, I was hoping someone with a hannatech or other similar scan tool may be able to do it... but ASSuming it's still priority systems only.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: 2005 onwards controller linking
I've been told there is software/hardware from the states that can get controller linking codes for Ford upto latest model & swap them to another controller & link in car?
Anyone heard or seen such thing, guessing/hoping there could be something similar for GM too?
Anyone heard or seen such thing, guessing/hoping there could be something similar for GM too?