New alloytec engine (LGX)

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

New alloytec engine (LGX)

Post by vlad01 »

some big improvements!

including timing chain system :thumbup:

making 264Kw 8-)

http://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/gm-engines/lgx/#tab-2
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: New alloytec engine (LGX)

Post by Holden202T »

power has improved a fair bit, but it needed it!

what about the LGW that's going to be cool :)
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: New alloytec engine (LGX)

Post by vlad01 »

Holden202T wrote:power has improved a fair bit, but it needed it!

what about the LGW that's going to be cool :)
yeah 400hp, must be very low boost though as the LGX is 355hp NA
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: New alloytec engine (LGX)

Post by Holden202T »

the figure is not so much the thing to focus on, im sure with minor tune tweaks it could do a lot more :P its more the fact that they have finally put a huffer on them in a GM vehicle!

shame they made it 3Ltr though!
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: New alloytec engine (LGX)

Post by Jayme »

would have liked a nicer timing chain system on the earlier models! these days it costs more to do VZ timing chains than the car is worth!!!
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: New alloytec engine (LGX)

Post by VL400 »

No need for extractors on the NA motor anymore :lol: Seems like lots of new head designs have the exhaust manifold now, must get the turbos spooling quickly on the LGW.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: New alloytec engine (LGX)

Post by Holden202T »

one has to wonder how much of this we'll see in the commodore :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZAZOiUZWOU[/youtube]
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: New alloytec engine (LGX)

Post by vlad01 »

the engine sounds great. has a hint of 911 turbo watercooled sound.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: New alloytec engine (LGX)

Post by Holden202T »

certainly sounds less flat compared to the N/A Alloytec :D

I knew that thing needed huffers on it ;)
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: New alloytec engine (LGX)

Post by vlad01 »

I'd have one of those engines! can't say the same for the car though, its bland and fugly as most yanky cars.

A commodore with that in it would be heaps better.

on a similar matter, what strikes me is how much yanks drool over our holdens here. In my work we have had a few techs from the states come to install their printers and such, everytime they are llike "WOW! what is that car!!?, it looks so awesome"

Im like yeah thats VF commodore, nothing special. :lol:

Few years ago another tech was like what are those?, they look so modern and stylish?

that? oh thats a VT, they are old now. thats a 99 model.

The guy was shocked, he couldn't believe the styling was "so nice" back then and they have nothing there that looks as well in his words.

:lol:

I guess our exports are too expensive for the USA for buyers to justify them.