Camshaft Software

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
brindo
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:43 pm
Location: Western Queensland

Camshaft Software

Post by brindo »

Hi Everybody,
Is there anyone out there with an engine or camshaft design software program that would be willing to assist me with selecting a suitable camshaft? Was hoping to be able to select an inlet and exhaust profile from the Comp Cams Master Grind catalogue and thought I had a fair idea of what I wanted. So I sent off to a few various camshaft vendors but got as many different recommendations. And while I don't doubt their expertise, the cams they are recommending I think are a bit big for daily street duties.

Any takers willing to assist?
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Camshaft Software

Post by Gareth »

Vlad is your man,

im very interested to see what you come up with, any chace you'd list the cams the different vendors suggested?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Camshaft Software

Post by vlad01 »

Can do, but I will need all engine specs. head, flow, valve size, intake and exhaust manifolds blah blah.
brindo
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:43 pm
Location: Western Queensland

Re: Camshaft Software

Post by brindo »

So far I have:
224/236 with 0.552"/0.572" and 112 lobe sep
227/227 with 0.560"/0.560" and 114 lobe sep
224/230 with 0.552"/0.561" and 114 lobe sep
213/223 with 0.507"/0.524" and a 116 lobe sep

The last one sounds about right to me for what I would want for street/economy but not sure about that much lobe separation.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Camshaft Software

Post by vlad01 »

whats the engine and specs?