PCM Hacking Shirts

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
Jayme

PCM Hacking Shirts

Post by Jayme »

Just been playing in the software for my wifes embroidery machine, digitising a lineart PCM shape and talking with antus for some ideas... this is what I came up with.

base shirt is a cheap black polo from kmart. what do you guys think?
ignore the buggered up "P"... thats where the thread got bound up and bent the needle..... (my stupid fault, didnt load it properly :comp: ) stitches were too tight and small to unpick and I ran out of shirts :|
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_P1120737.jpg
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_P1120737.jpg (89.17 KiB) Viewed 5280 times
WP_20150710_17_32_26_Pro.jpg
Gareth

Re: PCM Hacking Shirts

Post by Gareth »

Great idea :thumbup: sign me up for one if you go ahead with this

My only thought is that shouldn't it be an 808 not an LS1 ecu, a nod to where this site came from? Just a thought...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

I'll take one. First thought of mine was also to have the 808 on the logo with a usb port on the side.
I've also thought of stickers as well. Small one's for our modified 808's and bit bigger for a windscreen maybe?
Or even for tool for box's etc.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Great work though Jayme I'm all for it!
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

yes I thought the same, but then again... an 808 is a boring metal rectangle! once embroidered, it wouldnt be very recognizable. an ls1 PCM is a more unique shape.
monaro308
cars: VT S1 LS1 C/dore track car
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Post by monaro308 »

I like it Jayme.
Maybe smaller ones on the bottom of the sleeves would set it off as well.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

A memcal like what's on the logo on top of page?
Must be a flash ass machine she runs?
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

yeah I bought it for her birthday last year. brother PE770, has a usb port on the side, load up the design from the pc software and stick it on a thumb drive, into the machine and hit go!
so far ive become the pc software expert converting pictures to stitches in the software and she puts the target garment/fabric into the hoop (its tricky)
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Just not the expert at threading the needle? (first post)
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

haha nah its got an auto threader.... that bit is easy... but I used this stupid spool holder thingo and the thread bound up around it, which pulled the thread tight, which pulled the needle sideways and bent it on the presser foot...... I was told very sternly to throw that peice away and just rest the spool on the post... then there is nothing for it to bind up on lol.

anyway im open to ideas on other designs to try to digitise and use... but remember not everythign looks as nice embroidered... and the simpler the image the easier it is for me. I literally have to sit there and draw the picture with lines, then point and click to fill each gap between the lines with the thread colour and stitch direciton/pattern etc. so the simpler the original picture, the better it auto maps the picture back to lines.