VZ remote battery

For non EFI mechanical discussion
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

VZ remote battery

Post by HQ355 »

Hi guys does anyone know where to get a new battery for a VZ key remote ? I can only find ones without the tab pre soldered on or alternately are they hard to program if I get a new key head ? I've changed the battery in the 2nd hey about 12 months ago and can't remember where I got it from, I don't realy want to go to holden dealer and get reamed for $150 !
Holden202T

Re: VZ remote battery

Post by Holden202T »

have you tried jaycar or something like that ?
HQ355

Post by HQ355 »

Yeah mate tried there, they have the battery but it dosnt have the tabs soldered on, I'm not realy into soldering battery's as they explode, have since found out battery world may be able to spot weld the tabs on and supply the battery for around $5, il give that a go, cheers for the help
j_ds_au

Post by j_ds_au »

Is this the one you need? (I can't remember if the fob cell is CR or BR series) :
http://au.rs-online.com/web/p/coin-butt ... s/5132871/

Joe.
HQ355

Post by HQ355 »

j_ds_au wrote:Is this the one you need? (I can't remember if the fob cell is CR or BR series) :
http://au.rs-online.com/web/p/coin-butt ... s/5132871/

Joe.
It's very similar Joe ! RS is only 10 mins from my work so il come home that way on Friday, even if it's not the same could prob mod it to work, thanks for that, cheers
HQ355

Post by HQ355 »

Today's hot tip if you live in melbourne is don't go to rs components as there shut ! Rang them up to see if they'd relocated as I was sitting out the front of there old store only to be told I have to order online only now and it comes out of Sydney, bugger
j_ds_au

Post by j_ds_au »

HQ355 wrote:Today's hot tip if you live in melbourne is don't go to rs components as there shut ! Rang them up to see if they'd relocated as I was sitting out the front of there old store only to be told I have to order online only now and it comes out of Sydney, bugger
Bummer. Yeah, there's been quite a contraction in suppliers over the years, due to the contraction in local manufacture.

I found a few more suppliers via the 'net, but they were all in Sydney too.

Your best bet may be this supplier on eBay, also in Sydney, but offers free postage :
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Panasonic-Li ... 1806631021

Joe.
HQ355

Post by HQ355 »

Thanks for that link Joe, RS offer free post and next day delivery the only pain is on the odd occasion where you'd go in and had no part number or brand and the staff would help and find what you needed (like our 2yo coffee machine switch that died and couldn't get another anywhere, RS had exact same 1 for $1:80 !) il prob just try battery world on weekend and if not then order over net, I'd like to get it done on weekend to stop mrs nagging and then I can do some things on my HQ like flex table for shift light and reverse lockout on t-56, once again thanks mate