VY XU6 bin

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

VY XU6 bin

Post by krusty »

I'm learning to play around with TP at the moment and would like to look at the VY L67 XU6 bin if anyone has it for me to download
delcowizzid

Re: VY XU6 bin

Post by delcowizzid »

ill add the bin to the holden bin files thread in a minute should work with one of yodas vt xdf
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

added it in the stock bins thread in with the VY bins its DDRJ requires A5K version xdf dont think yodas done one yet but he may have an idea on how far everything is out of place :D
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Haven't done a variant K yet.
From what I can see, all the transmission data is the same, but the engine data has been offset between about 1-6 bytes depending on the area.
It wouldn't take too much work to update a variant K.
I'll also add some notes into the xdf link regarding this and other Variants.

yoda69
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

there we go what a good cunt didnt even have to ask :mrgreen: hehe hows things mate done more testing on that car yet
krusty

Post by krusty »

Top stuff fellas. Just wish I understood half of what you are going on about :thumbup:
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

it means if you use one of his xdf's the tables will be off by 1-15 places depending on what tables you look at you can change the address for the table you need in the xdf and they will be lined up again
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Nothing has been moved around much, but they have inserted and removed bytes randomly through the data, so it is not the same offset for each table.
What I'm typically finding is that most of the tables have the same values in them between variants, or at worst case very close, so it is fairly easy to find them again.

yoda69
krusty

Post by krusty »

So and XDF is the vehicle used to make sense of the bin yeah? Where in the XDF do I go to to alter/try the different offset and is it scaled throughout each section by just adjusting that one parameter or does the value have to be altered in some kind of pattern throughout the file?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

ok what you need to do for the table you want to change .... right click on it and goto edit xdf item, then in that window there will be an offset, you need to increase/decrease depending on what it requires.....

usually for something like a VE table you'll find its a nice smooth table with say one row all out of whack like it doesn't flow ... so if you offset it 1,2,3 numbers whatever is required, then you go back in and look at the graph and its nice and smooth and looks like it should.

alot of this can come down to experience, eg. if you have no idea what numbers should be in the table to start with your going to have alot more trouble getting it right.

if you can get your hands on another variant with a matching xdf etc that is right then you can look at the tables in it to get an idea where to go from there.