Change Ks of cluster (vt vx)

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
vx_commodore
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:38 am
cars: Vx commodore V6 Auto.

Change Ks of cluster (vt vx)

Post by vx_commodore »

Hey all, I just purchased a new dash cluster for my vx.

Upgrade the level 1 to level 3, plus the fuel gauge was faulty.

The car has 190xxx Ks on it, But the new cluster has 350xxx Ks.
Is it possible to change this?

I'm aware of the legal implications and that people do this to sell there car for more money ect, I can assure you I do not plan on selling the car.
Just want to change it to my current correct kilometers.

What is required to change it? Or is it not possible?

I also thought if no other way, I could un-solder the chip, and re-solder it into the new cluster to get old Ks back....

Or can it be done with software.?
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Change Ks of cluster (vt vx)

Post by immortality »

Tazzi will be able to help sort this out for you.