How can I copy a PCMCIA card?
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
How can I copy a PCMCIA card?
The story is I am buying a Chinese Tech2 and want to know how I can copy the data from the existing PCMCIA card to my PC so if the card fails I can write a new one for just the cost of the card.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: How can I copy a PCMCIA card?
Dont do it!!!!
Chinese junk no good...
Chinese junk no good...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: How can I copy a PCMCIA card?
You can read and write them with an app on the pc via serial cable... Thats simplest. Reading direct on a pc is simpler than writing. There are different voltages of card and you need a really old pc early pcmcia slot (5v) and the right software to do write direct.
edit: ok maybe you cant read them with this software. Its technically possible, but need to find another way. Or request a bin file from the shop you buy it from.
edit: ok maybe you cant read them with this software. Its technically possible, but need to find another way. Or request a bin file from the shop you buy it from.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396