Hole in Injector pulse width

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
kojab
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
Location: Sydney

Hole in Injector pulse width

Post by kojab »

Guys I am in strife. I can't find what is causing random holes in my injector pulse width. I think it is something to do with Asynchronous injection.

The VE table has same values (86.6) for RPM 5200 and 5600 at 200 kPa.

I have increased "Maximum Asynchronous pulse width" to 9.6

I have never come across this problem before. Mind you my memory is not as good as it was a few years ago

Any ideas


Image
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Hole in Injector pulse width

Post by vlad01 »

fuel cut of some sort?

what code is this running on?
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Hole in Injector pulse width

Post by immortality »

Getting close to Rev limiter (5600)?
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Hole in Injector pulse width

Post by antus »

look at the flags immediately before and during the 'hole' and see if anything toggles on.

Put the asynchronus stuff back to stock, that'll affect the bottom end fueling and only with large injectors and with incorrect dead time settings. That wont cause the dip your seeing there, unless you have changed the settings and its kicking in way up there instead. The flags on the data list view will tell you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
kojab
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
Location: Sydney

Re: Hole in Injector pulse width

Post by kojab »

vlad01 wrote:fuel cut of some sort?

what code is this running on?
I had set rev limit to 10,000 to be sure it was not the cause of the PW hole.

Left all other Rev limit settings as default.

Code is 12P V112

Will now check out Antus's post with regards the flags.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Hole in Injector pulse width

Post by Holden202T »

from what i can see the point of the hole is as the tps drops from 95 down to just below 90 ? its not some sort of decel setting or something ?
kojab
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
Location: Sydney

Re: Hole in Injector pulse width

Post by kojab »

I did notice that too but I have many logs where the TPS is 99.6% all through 1st 2nd and third and it still does it leaving a hole often 4 times wider than the one displayed above.


Just modifying the bin to log the flags. Log above was at 24 HZ with no flags logged.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Hole in Injector pulse width

Post by antus »

come to think of it, I have seen that with a faulty ecu in the past. I cant remember which input was glitching but there was one, and replacing the 808 fixed it.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
kojab
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
Location: Sydney

Re: Hole in Injector pulse width

Post by kojab »

Took your advice and changed ECU but still the same. Few hours later changed the memcal to a different US type and hole in PW has gone. Looks like there is subtle differences between the American 4 cylinder memcals. They are both PFI types and have knock buffers.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Hole in Injector pulse width

Post by Holden202T »

subtle difference or one faulty and the other not ?